·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
From the description..

"This car was hit in the front therefore the sequence # on the drivers side strut tower is gone. "

I'll assume that if it was hit in the front hard enough to screw with the shock towers that a engine replacement might not have been out of the question.. And if they wanted to do it on the cheap a used GT engine may have been a easier way to go.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I don't remember any coming with the GT intake. I know they screwed up on some body parts (i.e.-no hood scoop, wrong C-pillars, etc...) though.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It sold for 8,000

It is a Bullitt Engine as he says.....you can see the Oil Filler on the drivers side (GT's are on the Passenger side).

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I have to say that if it wasn't an actual Bullitt, someone dropped some major coin to make it really look like one. Dash, pedals (minus accelerator), seats, c-pillar panels/glass, bumper (cutouts gone) scoop. Looks pretty real to me...

+2 to Blackwing's thoughts.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
it was probably front clipped or motor totaled in the wreck and they didn't swap it back
who knows why though

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Should have checked under the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Uh......HELLO!!! HELLO!!!! Anybody listening here?

As I said above it is a Bullitt motor with a GT intake! Oil Filler Neck on Driver's Side of Motor confirms Bullitt! Nuff said on that.....but since everyone has their opinions on why,.....I'll give you mine......

The car was hit bad on the front and totaled. It was sold by the insurance company to some junkyard somewhere.

Some GT owner saw it at the junkyard while looking for parts and bought the Bullitt intake off of it.

Then someone came along and looked at it as possibly being able to restore it. That someone bought it and fixed it (putting a GT intake on it) and sold it with a salvaged title for 8,000.00 on eBay. End of story.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I was going to add my thoughts too....................

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
I don't remember any coming with the GT intake. I know they screwed up on some body parts (i.e.-no hood scoop, wrong C-pillars, etc...) though.
Yes, there is at least 1 Bullitt that we know of that got the factory GT intake and NOT the Bullitt intake. It is black Bullitt #4916. When the owner found out he didn't have the Bullitt guts, he sold it.....

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell Jimmy I wanted to hear your thoughts on this.......

I did not see the salvage title initially but never the less 8K is not too bad if that is the only issue. Someone could pick up a Bullitt intake for less than 2K, I have seen a few on e-bay, and get it back to stock. But if it was hit that hard in the front no telling what else is an issue.

Later

Jeff

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
Uh......HELLO!!! HELLO!!!! Anybody listening here?

As I said above it is a Bullitt motor with a GT intake! Oil Filler Neck on Driver's Side of Motor confirms Bullitt! Nuff said on that.....but since everyone has their opinions on why,.....I'll give you mine......

The car was hit bad on the front and totaled. It was sold by the insurance company to some junkyard somewhere.

Some GT owner saw it at the junkyard while looking for parts and bought the Bullitt intake off of it.

Then someone came along and looked at it as possibly being able to restore it. That someone bought it and fixed it (putting a GT intake on it) and sold it with a salvaged title for 8,000.00 on eBay. End of story.
HELLO
the filler on the driver side does NOT make it an automatic Bullitt engine (not that they're any different anyways)
For example, here's my 96GT
http://www.ezekial.net/96GT/crackedthermostat/newintake3.jpg

I remember this steed now from some previous pictures when it was wrecked. I recall seeing the intake missing and being wrecked in the front & missing quite a bit of the front end.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Ezekial said:
HELLO
the filler on the driver side does NOT make it an automatic Bullitt engine (not that they're any different anyways)
For example, here's my 96GT
http://www.ezekial.net/96GT/crackedthermostat/newintake3.jpg

I remember this steed now from some previous pictures when it was wrecked. I recall seeing the intake missing and being wrecked in the front & missing quite a bit of the front end.
You are comparing apples to oranges!
Other than the Oil Filler on the Driver's side, there are other things that make the engine in the subject car a Bullitt engine (as opposed to a 96 or any other GT engine).
One is the Alternator and another is the absence of those coil packs and wires wrapped all around yours!

I am finished talking about this now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What P-51 said they prob sold the bullitt intake seperate because you can get a good chunk of change for it!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Says right on it the intake was swapped by he original owner which makes little sense but it looks real other than that.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow, I do not know if I should say anything :lol: . I work in the parts department at a Ford dealership, and I ran the VIN that was posted, and it is a Bullitt.:surprised

Rick

1 - 20 of 35 Posts