Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my first taste of a Mustang was my Dad's 1968 Mustang GT with a 428 Cobra Jet, the first Stang I ever owned was a white 88 notch with navy interior. I still regret the day I sold her. She was mildly modified (Borla Exhaust, K&N air filter, gears, etc.) and was the ultimate sleeper. I've recently wondered how much fun it would be to take a Fox body notch and turn it into a "Bullitt". You can buy black leather interior kits, paint her DHG, lower her an inch, Bullitt wheels, put rolled tip exhaust, Bullitt emblems, a Cobra intake/throttle body, billet interior pieces, etc. and walla!

While I'd love to think I am wildly creative (I'm not), my suspicion is that it has been done. Has anyone seen one of these?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I always thought a Bullitt themed fox would be cool. Ideas..Ideas..Ideas..

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chilli bullitt said:
Buddy of mine has a 1988 LX hatch he made into a "Bullitt". Here is his home page...
http://www.geocities.com/mr87mustang/index.html

A little down on the left is a link to some more pics of the car.
That's sweet. I would love to take a Fox and do that to it. If it were me I would:

1 - Paint DHG
2 - Put 2001 Bullitt Wheels on it.
3 - Lower by 1"
4 - Ad Tokico adj shocks.
5 - Thicker sway bars.
6 - Subframe connectors
7 - Order black leather seats and black carpet.
8 - Put Cobra heads, manifold.
9 - Upgrade to 4-wheel disks .... with red calipers.
10 - Replace the 5.0 emblems with the 2001 GT emblem
11 - Put Bullitt on the trunk lid just above the left rear tailight.
12 - Modify or customize Bullitt scuff plates.
13 - Install rolled exhaust tips.
14 - Install a Hurst shifter.

That would be a fun project that could be fairly affordable.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'd love to see this done. Make sure there isn't a spoiler on it. Expensive part would be the under hood paint on the strut towers, firewall, under hood, etc... I would love to do this. Would you rather do a 4 eyed fox(81-86) or the 87-93 model? I would probably like to do a early Capri front clip on a 90+ notch. I like the squarness and the front bumper on the old Capri's.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Link doesnt work for me.
Hmmmm....maybe I will have to take a little turn on my Foxbody project. I wouldnt need to change much as I'm still building it. Biggest change I would have to make at this point is paint choice and wheels, everything else is pretty much there. Motor would definitely be different though, I already have my blow-thru built. Could anyone photoshop DHG onto a fox?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
I'd love to see this done. Make sure there isn't a spoiler on it. Expensive part would be the under hood paint on the strut towers, firewall, under hood, etc... I would love to do this. Would you rather do a 4 eyed fox(81-86) or the 87-93 model? I would probably like to do a early Capri front clip on a 90+ notch. I like the squarness and the front bumper on the old Capri's.
That's an interesting question. My favorite Fox body is the 87-93 notch (coupe). Then again ... is it really a Bullitt if it is not 1) a Mustang GT and 2) a fastback?? While the notch would make a great looking Bullitt themed platform, it would kind of go against the spirit of the Bullitt as an ode to the Steve McQueen car. I like the 87-93 LX fastbacks ... but I was never a big fan of the 87-93 GT's (I depise the louvred tailights, the ugly spoiler and the ground effects). That said, put some LX taillight lenses on a 87-93 GT and put a 93 Cobra spoiler on the back and you have a nice looking ride. Personally, I like the 82 GT and the 85-86 GT the best of the Fox GT's (though the 82 GT was grossly underpowered). Then again the Bullitt should never have a spoiler .... in my opinion, the only Fox that looks good without a spoiler is the 87-93 notch. If I do it, it would be with either an 88 model (20th anniversary of Bullitt) or 93 model (25th anniversary of Bullitt).

In the end ... it's all a matter of taste and where you draw the line on what it is to be a Bullitt. For me it must have DHG exterior, black interior and Bullitt wheels. Everything else is optional. (I'm sure the True Blue's and Black's will have something to say about that.):wink:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
BEARS34 said:
Oh, I like that!...minus that whale-tail.
drive a fox body hatch without a wing and you'll realize why there is a saleen wing on there...lol btw why wouldnt you do a hatch?? the car that our bullitts were based of was well a gt390 fastback mustang

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I've seen that car pics posted elsewhere. VARRRRY NICE!

I like it alot. After the Bullitt is paid off I want to do another Capri 83-86. I'm thinking about doing it as a HG Bullitt theme, but leave off the logos. After all it isn't a Mustang and I think Steve is spinning in his grave enough about what goes on already with the Bullitt bastardizations.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Linky no worky......

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Very cool car.

I think I would prefer the '93 Cobra wing but that is a great looking ride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts