Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had an opportunity to test Bullitt's torque in 5th. I'd been playing around with a cowboy in a Crew Cab Powerstroke. I had managed to stay ahead of him on the freeway and eventually used Bullitt's handling to squeeze between a White V6 and a delivery truck. When the cowboy finally got around them, he made a run at me at his top speed. When he was about 100 ft from me, I punched it from 70 (~2100 RPMs in 5th with stock 3.27 ratio)without downshifting, and was gone to over 100 before he ever pulled even with my rear end. Cowboy couldn't keep up or catch up until I pulled into my exit lane.

Isn't Bullitt's torque great or what?

PS> I own a Short Box, Super Cab Powerstroke too, and the only time it could take a Bullitt is in the 1st 20-30 ft where it's 500+ ft-lbs. of torque and 4.10 ratio give it a big advantage

·
Registered
199 Posts
I saw dullie Powerstroke with a flat bed run the quarter the other week. He was pulling a tricked out Impala through the staging lanes, unhooked, did a burnout, and ran the track. The crowd was on it's feet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah, the torque is great. I got up to 145 in 5th and chickened out. I'll have to try it in 4th someday when I get my car back from the shop.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Of course this is to be done on a track...

Get going about 80mph in 5th, drop it down to 4th and punch it. That my friends is my favorite past time in this Bullitt. The torque at that range is absolutely amazing. I have gone as high as 130mph in 4th, too scared at that point to even think about 5th!

Drive safely, happily and enjoy what this car can do!

Joe Schwartz
DHG #00238

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Joe ,
If you think 4th is a kick try grabbing 3rd from like 70 or 80. That will put a smile on your face.....The Ricer eyes get so damn big...and then they get smaller in the distance...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts