Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the track my former department uses for Police Drivers Training. I hope to use this track soon to run the Bullitt and practice performance driving. Most certainly, driving the Bullitt is much different than driving the Crown Vic police units. I hope to be able to rent the track for a discount rate since I am responsible for the track owner ( a Porsche pilot ) getting the contract with the local law enforcement agencies for their training needs.

This track/course is superb and I look forward to running my Bullitt on it. We will lay out the various courses with cones that we use for Police Drivers Training as well as other variants. Below is the layout of the track. Click on attached thumbnail for larger view.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Cool man, I just wish I lived closer so I could take advantage and enjoy that :)

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,283 Posts
Lightning said:
Cool man, I just wish I lived closer so I could take advantage and enjoy that :)
That looks like an awesome track, Zeke! Man, watch turn one, though! Looks like a doozy! HAVE FUN AND HAVE SOMEONE TAKE PICS!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Now to show my ignorance. On a road course, do you go clockwise or counter-clockwise? I know on an oval they race counter-clockwise but was not sure about the road courses like this one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JackDW - 852 said:
Now to show my ignorance. On a road course, do you go clockwise or counter-clockwise? I know on an oval they race counter-clockwise but was not sure about the road courses like this one. Thanks

Jack, on this course, for our purposes in police drivers training, we went clockwise; however, the normal course for civilian events is counter-clockwise, I believe.

We wore out a LOT of Crown Vics during the 14-16 hour days we spent on the course for the five day training periods. Nighttime driving is conducted during the last two nights of training.

Cone spotters have the double duty of not only shagging knocked over cones to reset them, but also being vigilant of rattlesnakes! Old tradition during police academy training was that any rattler that was run over during training ended up on the BBQ grill! Not kiddin' you here, either! Yes, they taste like chicken! :lol:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Zeke said:
Cone spotters have the double duty of not only shagging knocked over cones to reset them, but also being vigilant of rattlesnakes! Old tradition during police academy training was that any rattler that was run over during training ended up on the BBQ grill! Not kiddin' you here, either! Yes, they taste like chicken! :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BTW, How to I get a job as a "cone-setter-upper" or "BBQ-Cook" (as long as I don't have to clean those things). :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JackDW - 852 said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BTW, How to I get a job as a "cone-setter-upper" or "BBQ-Cook" (as long as I don't have to clean those things). :lol: :lol:

Okay, okay, Jack, no BBQ diamond back for you! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts