Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Cow - I thought the end was near and I would trade in the B for a (never mind what).

Kelley trade in value was under $8,000 and my only negative was being at 95,000 miles.

Anybody with $11,000 can have her.

OK, maybe $10,500, but I get every other weekend.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That's where I'm at. I may stop by the old stealership I used to work at and see if they can work some magic. At least show the old Bullitt some more respect than a GT. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Why is everyone selling their bullitts?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
NJGreenBullitt said:
Holy Cow - I thought the end was near and I would trade in the B for a (never mind what).

Kelley trade in value was under $8,000 and my only negative was being at 95,000 miles.

Anybody with $11,000 can have her.

OK, maybe $10,500, but I get every other weekend.
OK, it has 95K on it. So, I guess that means that the end is closing in on you!:question: Only about 205K miles left in the old pony...:eek:

But really folks, these little pony cars with the V8 engines are good for about 300K miles unless of course your Paul! And then all bets are off:wink: J/K!

Why sell? If your tired of it you can always paint it pink and tell folks your supporting the cure...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm only "almost done" due to 20 MPG's at $3.00 a gallon for 15,000 miles a year, plus a now-17 year old son on the insurance.

I also have a 3/4 restored 1963 Lincoln in need of some cash love.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
lower than I thought!
I imagine some smaller dealers would work better numbers, especially if they are a more performance minded lot dealing in lots of Mustangs. 95k miles, unfortunately, will push away a LOT of the "collectors" and enthusiasts. And.... mine would be right there with you if it wasn't for getting the Taurus back in October :D

I would definitely try to sell outright. Offhand I would think your market would be a younger kid looking for a cool Mustang or a Mustang guy wanting a good DD with some coolness flavor. Mine is no longer a $14k car probably either (sitting at 82 or 83k), but I have no plans to part with it or except less than $18k :D lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I paid 14K formine and it has 42k on it. Also several other people were also looking at it. I also have a 17 year old and I know what you mean with insurance. Mine has not learned stick yet but wants to real bad so he can drive my Bullitt. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Black4592 said:
Why is everyone selling their bullitts?
That's what I was thinking ! There are a lot being offered for sale lately
maybe its time to pick up my second one.
I might go for one in Green primer, you know the ones that missed being painted Blue or Black . . . .

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wish I didn't have to sell, but it just isn't practical to keep it as the daily driver/family car. I don't have the teenager insurance to worry about yet, but my son will be 10 in August and the back seat is getting awfully small in a hurry. Simply can't afford to keep it and buy another car.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
English Bob said:
That's what I was thinking ! There are a lot being offered for sale lately
maybe its time to pick up my second one.
I might go for one in Green primer, you know the ones that missed being painted Blue or Black . . . .
Exactly ;).. All I know is I'm planning on keeping mine for a very long time. I'll pay it off while I'm still at home. But good luck to everyone who is selling, I'm sure they will go fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts