Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to the ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=180085070803&rd=1&rd=1

Steve McQueen "Bullitt" tribute car - approximately $60,000 total invested.
Want attention? This car gets it! Must see, drive, and hear to appreciate.

This is a magazine car. It was featured in the May 2006 issue of Mustang Monthly.

I tried to imagine what Steve McQueen would be driving if the movie Bullitt was made in 2005. For sure it had to be a green Mustang GT….

2005 Mustang GT Premium options: (Special thanks to Campbell Ford – Niles, MI)

Legend Lime Metallic Clearcoat
Shaker1000 1000 watt stereo system with 6cd changer and 2 subwoofers in trunk
Active anti-theft
Side air bags
Interior upgrade package - Leather seats, aluminum dash, and My Color adjustable color dashboard
Sequential taillights (Ok… so they’re not from the factory but I added them because they should be an option!)

Drivetrain: (Custom drivetrain work my F & R Custom Racing – Pittstown, NY)

4.6 liter V8 3 valves per cylinder - modifications noted below
Procharger PSC-1 high output supercharger with 3 core intercooler
42 lb/hr fuel injectors – Walbro hi performance in tank fuel pump
Custom software from XLR8 Racing, Inc. and a lot of dyno time. - 435 RWHP with a conservative tune. Great power and torque curves after customizing.
Tremec TKO 600 5 speed manual road racing transmission with all fixings
Custom built single piece driveline
Custom shifter assembly connecting tranny to driver
Eaton #19588 31 spline positraction rear end - 3.55 gearing
Car runs low 12's in 1/4 mile at 1,100 ft elevation track (I have not run with the new tranny yet but I can assure you it will perform the same or better)

Wheels/tires: (Special thanks to American Racing and D’elias Custom Automotive Schenectady, NY)

American Racing Torque Thrust Classics 18x8 front - 18x10 rear
BF Goodrich G-Force KDW2 - 255x 45 front - 285x40 rear
Note: American racing made the torque thrust wheels for the movie Bullitt and also custom made the wheels for this vehicle.
Note 2: The car comes with the original set of wheels and pirelli all season tires, and also a pair of rear drag radials mounted on wheels for the drag strip.

Suspension: (Special thanks to Brown’s Ford – Amsterdam, NY)

Eibach Sport Kit 1.2 inch drop
Steeda adjustable panhard bar (needed to keep car straight after drop)
Steeda adjustable rear trailing arms (Needed to fit custom driveline)
Steeda adjustable upper third link
Steeda Billet Camber Adjusters

This car runs strong and handles great. It is a pleasure to drive!

Email any questions you might have and I will be happy to answer. This vehicle is one of a kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice looking car, but with the proposed special editions soon to be released, he'll have a hard time getting what he wants.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
That car is killer. He wants more than a Shelby GT at MSRP but... 100 more HP and much improved suspension. It is clearly worth around 40K. Foose Stallion is right at 40K, So 38K is a fair price. Only problem I see is warranty issues. GT 500 same amount of HP but with a warranty.

·
Registered
413 Posts
how could a bullitt tribute car be any color but true blue, black or DHG? Some people would not even include TB and black on that list.

The only thing that relates this car to any bullitt is that the title says so, and it is a nasty shade of green, not the gorgeous DHG we all know and love.

This is a NICE car, and VERY well equipped with tons of mods we all would probably love to have on our car, but to call it a BULLITT tribute car in MY OPINION is WAY over the top!!! Paint it DHG, BLK or TB, and I would be giving this car a 5-STAR rating on a Bullitt tribute.

·
Car Whisperer
20,886 Posts
Nice idea, but wrong color green and stock wing on the back still.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That's a beauty. If I had it, I'd put the 07 Shelby GT 500 hood, front and rear ends on it and paint on white Shelby stripes. Now that would be a retro Legend Lime Mustang!

It's worth every dime you're asking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts