Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled down from Edmunds.com:

2001 Ford Mustang 2 Dr GT Bullitt Coupe
Prices for: Retail Base Price
(excludes options)
Trade-In: $18,980
Private Party: $20,344
Dealer: $22,617

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2001/ford/mustang/bullittgt2drcoupe46l8cyl5m/prices.html?submit=Customized+Appraisal

If you click on the "customized appraisal", you'll get an appraisal based on your zip code, color, condition, and mileage. Something that really stood out is the color option...looks as though black holds its value more than TB and DHG. TB next with DHG last...but, only by a couple of hundred bucks.

Here's my customized appraisal:

Trade-In: $20,040
Private Party: $21,398
Dealer: $23,742

p.s. Don't see an area to add the Mach 460 stereo...

-steve-

·
Registered
25 Posts
My custom apprisal was 24,546 . In my area you get a deduct for any color other that dhg. Wonder why that is ?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very strange why color is valued differently based on location... Makes a person wonder how they come up with the numbers.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The edmunds selection only considers that the car is green.. which normally would detract from its value. It doesn't take into consideration that DHG is a "special" color.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Blue is valued more than DHG or black (both in the minus column) in my area for obvious reasons as stated earlier. I don't think you can consider that the price has any special value to it right now although it might be beneficial to look up a GT and a Cobra to get an idea. It will be more interesting to check value in the next year or two and compare against the other two. :grin:

·
Registered
193 Posts
After only 8 payments, I will be hanging onto mine for awhile.

It's all a moot point, dudes! Mine aint for sale.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I just check what bullittbro2 would run his is black and he lost money one it, but sence he only drives it on the weekends his was 24,380. if it would have been green it would have been 24,570. if it would have been in MO it would have been over 25,000

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree, it is a moot point however, I've gone through the trouble of doing a comparison between the GT, Bullitt and Cobra using the same parameters (mileage, color, and options) to come up with this:
  • GT- $20618
  • Bullitt- $24573
  • Cobra- $26066
    [list/]
    So the difference between the GT and the Bullit is the Bullitt special package it's looking like and the Cobra, well, it's a Cobra! Again, this pricing doesn't take into account anything special as to collectablity, only equipment. Did someone say 'moot point'?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RenegadeBullitt on 2002-01-06 20:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's funny, I put in my garage as the address and guess what they said?....

It's priceless, DO NOT SELL. Be wary. Others may attempt to buy your Bullitt.

Do not be swayed!

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2002-01-06 23:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was surprised by the hit for the color. The car came in only 3 colors and all three take a hit in price. You would think that at least one would add value.

BTW, my Bullitt came in at $23,572. Lower than I expected. Especially considering the fact that all the Local Bullitt's I've seen are going for $26.5K to $30K.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Lets remember that until Bullitts start being bought & sold by second & third owners, this type of info isn't too useful. I know I won't be selling the Bullitt any time soon (my wife & I would like to keep it forever, but you never know), but it's always fun to see what it's worth.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just ran my Bullit and a couple of other things for comparison purposes...
Bullitt: Trade=20457, Private=23195, Dealer=24227...
Cobra: Trade=21725, Private=23195, Dealer=25734
GT: Trade=17059, Private=18204, Dealer=20248...
To me because I am in the car biz, the real value of a car is the black book or wholesale value of a car: Bullitt=21700, CObra=24150 and GT 18700. Right now color does not make any difference in value. 20 years from now it might.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts