Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Bullitts assume the Santa's sleigh role for Christmas?

4915 was filled with gifts and headed towards the Sunshine State on Dec. 21. I must say the sleigh was quite comfortable as it was the first time it has left the state since she was bought. 1500 miles were put on her and she averaged about 24mpg on the highway. If you know how to use space wisely, you would be surprised just how much stuff will fit in that trunk. :grin:

Hope all of you Bullittheads had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
They actually have tons of hauling space for a car in it's class. I hauled all my stuff for university (all my clothes, desktop computer, bedding, etc) and it all fit fine!

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
That trunk is SO big, that if you don't have enough to fill it, all the stuff just rolls around! I like to keep a "earthquake kit" in all my cars...basically just an emergency pack...but it keeps rolling all around the and driving me crazy on the turns!
:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
The earthquake kit is too big for the regular Cargo kit.
I didn't like the way the net kept getting stuck up in the trunk latch. The trunk is hard enough to shut anyway, and then the net kept tangling up in the latch.

I got another trunk cargo carrier for Christmas, but I don't know if I'll like it either!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Our other car is a '99 Neon. I installed a really nice stereo system which included a 15" Crystal CMP sub in a huge box that took up most of the trunk. So 3185's trunk seems cavronous to us!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I never realized how small the Bullitt's available trunk & back seat space actually was until I tried loading it... It took some angling & 2 people to do it, but I finally fit a boxed Aiwa mini system in the back seat. (It was one of the big ones with 5 speakers, receiver, etc.) Trunk? Forget it with the Mach 460 amps taking up vertical clearance. Back seat folded down? No way--ceiling too low and the front seat couldn't move forward any closer. Finally got it in by sitting it on the back seat. It was 1" from the ceiling, and only 6" of the back seat was unused. I couldn't see anything behind me for the 350 miles to Cleveland. (Every lane change involved a quick prayer...) Also put a big suitcase & a backpack on the passenger seat, a boxed DVD player & a duffle bag full of clothes in the trunk, & a few pair of shoes on the floor where there was room. Needless to say, that Bullitt was packed...
True-Blue Bullitt #2294
Chicago, IL (proper)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BUL2294 on 2002-01-02 17:53 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts