Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first real high speed drag yesterday on I-90 in Albany, NY. My fiance & I were coming back from her parents' house & I was doing about 75, slowly passing traffic. There was a black Firebird in the right lane & as I passed I saw he had a Ram Air hood. We got a few cars ahead of him & as traffic thinned out a bit I saw him change lanes & start to come up quick. So I downshifted to 4th & slowly stepped on accelerator. We were going uphill & he never got closer than 3 car lengths. Around 110 I started pulling away & by the time I hit 120 he knew he wasn't going to catch up, so he slowed down. Now, granted, the 97's had LT-1's, which aren't as potent an engine as the LS-1, but they're still powerful, especially at high speed. So I'm pretty pleased. Also, for those who don't know, you can tel the difference between 97 and 98 & up TA's by rectangular reverse lights (98 has circular lights), larger, more angular wing (98 is a little more understated) & the Ram Air hood is less noticable (98 has larger intake openings & is more curvaceous). Anyway, the Bullitt takes another victim. My fiance said they probably couldn't figure out what kind of GT it was without the spoiler & with a shiny gas door. They'll know next time!:)

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I had a similar experience with a brand new Z28 and after talking with some guys at LS1.com and my resident Camaro expert at work it seems that if someone orders the Camaro/Firebird with the cheaper tire/wheel combo in hopes of replacing it later will get nailed with a 110 mph speed limiter in their cars effectivly hamstringing themselves for high speed running.
But you know what.. A kill is a kill.. So rack another one for the Bullitt's!! Congrats and good job! :smile:

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-09 15:40 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
My budy will be pleased to hear that one!!!! He just got a Z with 16" rims/tires and the LS1 engine. Should I tell before or after we get a chance to race????? Hmmmmm...maybe after! LOL! He also got one of the GTechs and he says they work real well. I'm thinking hard about getting one for the Bullitt.
Cam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts