Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy at work just bought a Honda S2000 and claims it will take my bullitt. I drive my car for pleasure and I'm not big on racing people just to look cool or to show off but he really got on my nerves about what this car can do in comparison. So I said," If you really think this Honda is all that let's race and find out". He said," I'll wait untill I have 2500 miles and we'll go". I've read all the reports on this car and it's pretty close in 1/4 mile times. The only thing I've done to this car is ad a K&N filter and synthetic oil. So this week I'm going to put the 3.73 gears in just for GP. I'm sounding a bit competitive about this but I don't want this Honda to take this car, I'll here it at work forever if he wins. I'm not telling anyone about future mods . So I have a month to get ready for the race. Do you think I'll take him with the gears or do I need more, any thoughts would be appreciated. :roll:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Of course, this event will occur at a dragstrip.

I've had some fun in an S2000. Head to head, it would be close but I'd expect the Bullitt to win in a quarter mile.

With the 3.73s, you'll beat the S2000 off the line. That 4 cyl only really makes power after 7k rpm, so watch it at the end.

·
Registered
543 Posts
RodsBullitt, either practice, practice, practice and then practice some more or fly JB VOBRA in to drive for you if you don't want to leave anything to chance. His stock Bullitt times are awesome. Try to get this on video for us. Good luck. It will be close.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Off the line you'll have him, through the quarter it could be close. It all depends on whether he's willing to drop or slip the clutch from 9,000 RPM. If he is then it'll be close, but you should take him. I've heard of these cars getting into the high 13's but that's with droping the clutch from 9k RPM and power shifting. If he's willing to kill his car just to be able to keep up with you, let him.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I have a friend that owns a s-2000, he is also a shop foreman at a honda dealership.
before I bought my bullitt, I owned a 98 Gt
which he would regularly kick the crap out of with the s-2000.off the line / midrange/ top end it wasn't pretty. he has it so finely tuned that (hate rice burners or not) it is damn quick and fully reliable,,, no trans clunks, no water in the headlite issues... nothing. then i bought DHG# 1994
in june... one weekend he comes over to check her out... one thing leads to another
we head up to the service road of 287 and off we go.... holy crap...i beat him !!!
return road.....score 2.... not a blow out but who cares.. i was in front at least at the end...I was in front from begiining to end but he was making up ground at the end.
since that time he has done some minor mods/tweaks...except for me smoking the hell out of the tires , I am stillin front of him
not as much but still there. h eknows how to tune his s-2000, how to drive it also and Hepaid me the extreme compliment of saying thats one american car he would consider buying....
moral...u can beat this guy,you need to drive and shift like no tommorrow.... don't slow up , don't look back... and don't make any mistakes like going up in smoke,, it may be close but....

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"fly JB Vobra in" - LMAO True Blue!!
the S2000 is a pretty sweet vehicle. you'll get no flames out of me on this one!
i'd love to have one as a 2nd vehicle to my Bulliitt-LOL

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The S2k was the car that got this "whole new-car crap" thing started.

I drove one from a used car lot when I took my wife's car in for service. I loved it. It was a racecar for the street.

Since you cannot put a baby seat in the S2k, my wife agreed (or mandated) if I wanted a new car, then it has to be a 2+2 at least.

Tested the Bullitt and couldn't sleep. Bought it the next chance I got to the dealer.

btw- I was in a 6 month old Subaru RS and took a hit to get the Bullitt.

Damn Art Hyde!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
damn, I've never been to San Diego before :wink: Get me a round of golf at Torrey Pines and we'll call it even.

Haha, just kidding. You can take an S2000, that make zilch for low/mid tourqe. I can't imagine not pulling on one, unless you just majorily screw up and miss a gear :sad:

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking forward to racing (in a safe area ) the S2000 and I appreciate the vote of confidance from other bullitt owners. Not to be over confident but I'm a pretty good driver as well, so he's really going to have to be on top of it to take it. The funny thing is and I have to admit this, I did take a peak at the S2000 before buying the bullitt but it was just to small and I'm not much into the convertables. And yes I have played Torry Pines golf course and its beautiful. :-B

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a run in with one on the highway last week. They are a great looking car. We could do much due to the traffic. However, my exhaust won over his!!!!
:wink:
:wink:
;(

Paul G.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Believe it or not, my mother (god bless her sportscar-loving soul) owns an S2000, so I've driven it several times. One of the things that make it so quick is it's power to weight ratio. The car is 470 pounds lighter than a Bullitt and produces almost as much HP (240 @ 8300 rpm). Granted, it only produces half as much torque (153 @ 7500) which is why you should be able to beat it. With the red line up around 9000, though, these things can absolutely scream.

Folks on an S2000 forum at

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=a5767cc64f58ddc2258e857cd394f197&threadid=22999

seem to be running in the low 14's stock and there is one guy who says he is running around 12.1 with a turbo providing 6 psi boost.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts