Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Some days I do, others I don't. I've had only a few stoplight races so far, but I beat them all off the line. Actually, last night I had some old guy in an Aurora pull alongside at a stoplight & zoom off the line when the light changed. I was turning at the next street, so I never even got out of first. He didn't pass me until I started to brake for the turn. What an idiot! Even the supercharged Aurora's aren't fast. My friend's mother has one & I've been in it a few times. It does okay on the highway, good enough for passing, but from a stop that thing has no balls. Maybe this guy had never driven anyhting but K cars & so he thought he had a real monster under the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Every time I have it out I'm lookin' round for some fun. I've had mine over 140 already on some secluded farm roads been in a coule races adn only lost 1 so far. As I said before.. those Vipers are FAAAST!
I bought this car to drive it and to have fun and that's exactly what I'm doing.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I've been in 3 races so far and havn't lost yet. A 68 black on black Charger, GTS Celica, and 2001 GT mustang, the mustang gave me the biggest fit, I had to run him down and out brake him for the win

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had a couple of run ins with young guns in their rice burners. Not much to say. Last time I saw them they were little dots in the rear view. Did have some yahoo in his BMW Z3 pull up next to me on the hiway. Gave me the stink eye and then took off. Needless to say didn't take much effort to catch him, pass him and give a taste of good ol American Pony Power! He gave up after I hit 125mph. If ya can't run with the Big Dogs, stay on the porch! Woof! Woof!

Dark Highland Green # 2136

"You were born a point A, You'll die at point B... KICK MAXIMUM ASS!"

·
Registered
394 Posts
The other night I had a guy in a V6 convertible chase me through traffic to get a look at the Bullit. He then pulls up next to me at the light. The lanes were staggered so the front of his car is even with my door and I can hear him revving his engine(sewing machine). I'm sitting there thinking I'm not even goin to waste gas on this guy when the light turns green, he dumps the clutch and spins his tires with the most ungodly high pitched squeal I've ever heared.(only skinny passenger car tires can make that noise) I casually put it in first roll onto the gas not even bothering to spin the tires. Next thing I know I'm shifting into second, chirping the tires for good measure, easily five car lengths ahead of him. I took it up to about 70 and backed off only to look in my rear view mirror and see the guy so far behind me I couldn't even read his license plate. I felt bad for picking on a V6, but he asked for it! I should have given the guy a litle more of a head start, but I'm just not that sporting.

Eric

·
Registered
762 Posts
Serves him right for coming to a Bullitt gunfight with daisy BB's

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Easiest and quickest is from behind. Only 1 exhaust pipe. Other styling cues that are present but could be mistaken are, Smaller wheels, A running horse logo in place of a GT badge. And more recently.. a hood scoop.. or rather lack of one.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,052 Posts
Thanks Blakwing! You wouldn't think a V6 would challenge a Bullitt, tho, unless they didn't know their Mustangs that well.

Vicki

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
You'd sure like to think that wouldn't you? I get challenged more by Civics, sunfires, cavaliers, than anything else. I've only had a couple "real" cars mess with me or want to play at all. I've narrowed it down to a couple things.. Either they're just admiring and want to see what you can do (I once did a burnout at a stoplight for a truckdriver as a special request) Or it's the small dog syndrome. The smallest dogs in the world seem to make the most noiseand be the most obnoxious dogs there are. While the big dogs are very often sedate with a very menacing air about them that says they have NOTHING to prove.
Keep that in mind the next time a Miniature Poodle pulls up next to you in a 4 door Cavalier. YAP! YAP! YAP! YAP! YAP! YAP! :smile:

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-16 20:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is it with these ricers? While crusin thru vermonts lush green valleys over the weekend on my way to a car show I decided to pass on a 2 way country road. As I down shifted to fourth, and pulled into on coming lane, from out of nowhere comes from behind a mitsubishi V6 turbo whatever , a full blast! I decide to give the ricer a run for his money. After about 10 seconds, I let common sense prevail and let off the gas. The ricer blows past, thinking he won. What is it with these guys?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I know that feeling, tonight I"m on my way home and a v-6 stang with a young cute female driver pulls up. The goes green and I run it to about 2500 between shifts, pretty mild I think. Well lo and behold the girl is wringing the v-6 out keeping up. so I drop it to second and hammer it for about three seconds. At that point I'm going 80 in a 45 and decide to drop down to 50. She flies past sounding like the car is about to blow up and hits the hazzards. Yea she won all right... I had three gears to go...
To bad it wasn't a secluded area...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Had some fun with one of those Mitsubishu 2000GT's Mon. nitearound midnight. He had one of those garbage cans tucked under his bumper. Was running about 70 and he pulled up along side for a bite then passed sooooooooo I put her in 3rd and caught up really quick and lo and behold he took off, well we ran up to about 120 then I backed off. Not quite used to triple digits on four wheels. I feel more comfortable on two, but can't haul the kids too good on two wheels.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw where one of you mentioned an Olds Aurora.I have a 1998 Aurora with the Autobahn Package and it is a great family car and a competant highway car,but definitly much slower in acceleration.As for the supercharged part,Idont believe that they have ever made one.They are 4.5 Litre 250 horsepower v-8.The Buick Riviera has a 3.8 Litre Supercharged Series 2 v-6.These are 2 doors,the Aurora is a four door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
raced my friends 2001 cobra and busted his butt needless to say he went out two days later and ordered a full mac exhaust diablo chip and shifter. i love the sound of the mac exhaust and i have busted a z-28 butt no problem. the diablo chip makes a ton of difference i love this car it rocks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts