Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a relatively nice day (for December)here on Saturday, low 40s and I decided to wash the Bullitt for the first time (only a week old). After washing it I noticed a lot more swirl marks. I was using an Austrailian Sheepskin mitt from Simoniz (package says it will not scratch or leave swirl marks) and Rain X. I also didn't dry the car with anything I also used a California Car duster.

I know black cars are notoriously bad for swirl marks and today was the first time I've really seen the car in the bright sun. Who knows how well they took care of it at the dealership

Any words of advice? What's the best way to remove the swirl marks and avoid them in the future. Unfortunately I will not be able to polish until the spring when it gets warmer.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Blackdog,

I washed mine yesterday and ploished it today. Get some Meguires #7 and polish it with that. It will help remove the swirls as well as bring the color back. Then you can put a nice carnuba wax on top of that.

For mine right now I use the #7 along with Touch of Class from the dealer. It's a killer WAX. I also use a nice soft cotton rag that I purchased at Walmart. They come roled up. I also like to do this under floresent lights as it shows the scratches off more;-(...

Good luck.

Bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts