Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my car weighed. I ran over to the county transfer station and sweet talked the scale lady into letting me weigh my car. :grin: With me and 3/4 tank of gas it weighed 3540 lbs. Subtract me @ 180 lbs and we have 3360 lbs. Not bad at all.

Brad

·
Registered
164 Posts
Another good way to get your car weighed is to take something to a dump where they weigh you in and out. It'll cost you $10 or $15 and you need something to throw away, but it works in case you can't sweet talk anyone into a freebie. :smile:

For those in the Seattle area, the dump in Factoria weighs you in an out. Don't know about any accuracy issues though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

I think that they would be required to keep it fairly accurate for auditing purposes. The weight seems pretty close to the one listed in a recent Mustang 5.0 article. 3273lbs. I'm sure that's a manufacturer spec without fluids.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I like the weights you guys are getting!
I saw an article somewhere where it was
calculated to be about 3800 lbs. The editors
of the mag couldn't believe it.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
mine came in at 3520 with me (200lbs) and a half tank of gas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I WEIGHTED MY CAR AND IT WAS 3120 WITH OUT ME AND WITH ME IN IT, IT IS 3300.

CRAIG
CR01BULLITT
D/K GREEN #1767

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, My Bullitt came in at 3345. That was with a fuel tank but w/o me in it. It also has the Mach460 sound system. The scales I used are accurate plus or minis 5 LBS.

Dean Sapp, Bullitt # 176

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
OOPS!! My mistake....That was 3320 without driver and 1/4 tank of fuel!! Checked on a certified public truck scale,also same numbers at the track,on their scale.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-16 07:40 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts