Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the bullitt out on a road trip. From LA to Vegas. Finally got to see what kind of gas mileage i was getting on my car.

So here is the break down:

Cruise control set at 80mph

Rpms 2.4k

drove 225 miles

used up 11 gallons of gas

avg 20.54 per gallon

Not bad for a boosted car with 3.90 gears...:cool:

Only filled up once at the boarder still had alittle under a 1/4 tank left but didnt want to chance it.

Oh by the way everyone in Vegas loved the car every hotel I went too I had valet drivers and people asking me about the car. I even had people taking pictures with it. Even me and the wife were driving down the strip people would take pics:smile:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont have pics of the car n Vegas wife for got the camera..sorry.

But I will post up some other recent photos I took when I get home.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
If you had set the cruise at 70 mph you may have seen 23-24 mpg. For 80 mph the mileage is good.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rblack4405 said:
If you had set the cruise at 70 mph you may have seen 23-24 mpg. For 80 mph the mileage is good.
True but to avoid getting ran over by big rigs u have to go 80mph....:lol:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What size are your tires? I have 255/40/17's (right about 26" tall)with 4.10's and turn right at 3,000 RPM at 80mph. With 3.90's I wouldn't expect to see a 600 RPM difference.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
itsabullitt said:
What size are your tires? I have 255/40/17's (right about 26" tall)with 4.10's and turn right at 3,000 RPM at 80mph. With 3.90's I wouldn't expect to see a 600 RPM difference.
I have a 275/30/20 that is pretty close to being around 26" maybe less.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Stock 3650? I'm just suprised at how much difference in RPM there is. I jumped jumped 600 RPM at 70 mph (1900ish to 2500ish) from stock 3.27's to 4.10's. 3.90's shouldn't be that low unless you've got a steeper overdrive or taller tires.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Glad people took notice of the Bullit.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
itsabullitt said:
Stock 3650? I'm just suprised at how much difference in RPM there is. I jumped jumped 600 RPM at 70 mph (1900ish to 2500ish) from stock 3.27's to 4.10's. 3.90's shouldn't be that low unless you've got a steeper overdrive or taller tires.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Glad people took notice of the Bullit.
Yes its a stock 3650.

Did u recalibrate your computer for the gears?

I know I had to when I put the 3.90's n.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
itsabullitt said:
Yeah, I got an SCT3 with it and set the gear ratio to 4.10's. Weird.
I guess the .20 ratio makes a big difference.

Oh by the way u know u can adjust all the way to tire and rim size. I had to do that when I put the 20's on.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4fit? said:
Definitely not too shabby for a blown car with gears. People love the B! lol. Welp, post up some pics!!!!!
Here r some pics from last year car is still the same except for the exhaust and gauges.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Nic ewheels ;-)... And how many looks did you get driving the Bullitt down the strip in Vegas ;-)...

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BudACAD said:
Nic ewheels ;-)... And how many looks did you get driving the Bullitt down the strip in Vegas ;-)...

Thanks

Bud
Too many my wife told me to stop driving down the lane close to the side walk cuz she was tired of all the flashes and people screaming at me to rev it....:lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
OGBATMAN said:
Too many my wife told me to stop driving down the lane close to the side walk cuz she was tired of all the flashes and people screaming at me to rev it....:lol:
Wives just dont understand that for some reason..:badgrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.