Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased wheel lugs from American Muscle. Look great but when I put them on the socket they sent with the lugs basicly disintegrated. Split in two different places. Anyone else have this problem? I called American Muscle to see if they would ship me a new one. It is made of very soft metal.

·
Car Whisperer
20,777 Posts
Think I would go to Sears and find a socket there to fit and forget about the cheap one they sent.

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
I have deep sockets that I bought thirty years ago for some wheels I had at the time. I used a breaker bar with a 4" extension on the socket. I haven't been given the opportunity since to use them. I never used them with a pnueamatic, so who know how well they would stand up to the ratchet???

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
Fine quality Greg. Must have been your overpowering Superman like strength!

Like you said, go buy a new one. I bought the set of deep sockets to get the one for the lugs, and have used the other sockets more than the one socket that I bought the set for. And yes, I got Craftsman. I couldn't stomach the Sears brand quality even if they were just sitting in the tool box. I wanted something with a little more quality.

·
Car Whisperer
20,777 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
That's what I think I will do. Last thing I need is to need it and a new one does the same thing.
Exactly, in the long run, you'll be better off. Last thing you want is to have a flat and have the only wrench that fits, split again.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I just bought a cheap set of deep sockets for an impact wrench from Harbor Freight and use it instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts