Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Bullitt style wheels exist in the 17" x 8.5" size with a "5 x 4.5" pattern? I've searched some but can't find any.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nothing that I've seen. 8.5" wide is a really odd wize for a wheel. If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for that size?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an odd size for a wheel. I'm not sure if a 255/45/17 tire would fit my standard 17" x 8" wheels. I currently use 245/45/17 tires on the 17" x 8" Bullitt wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That will work just fine:smile: A tire that is 255 mm wide, ideally, wants a 9" wheel, however, it will also work on a 8.5" or 10". There is always a range of sizes and combinations that will work. I hope that made sense.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
#3994 said:
That will work just fine:smile: A tire that is 255 mm wide, ideally, wants a 9" wheel, however, it will also work on a 8.5" or 10". There is always a range of sizes and combinations that will work. I hope that made sense.
that would look absolutely HOOOOOOORRRRRIBLE on a 10in wheel. Even a 9in it would look like crap.

a 255 is PERFECT on a 8in wheel. 8.5in max. Going to a 9in would push you to a 275 to look right.

all these dumb companies out there sell way to small of a tire normally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts