Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally was able to actually make contact with someone at Franklin Mint to inquire as to why the 2008 Mustang Bullitt Die-Cast car didn't have the proper color to the wheels. I spoke with a nice gal that understood my concern as to the wheels being the wrong color. She took a moment to look at some Build Speck Sheets on the car and she acknowledged that the wheels should be the dark gray color and not all silver. She felt that the wheels being all silver was a "FLUKE". l She advised me that she would have someone look into the matter and get back to me.

I guess it is no big deal but I feel the 2008 Bullitt has a few detailed features with one paramount feature being the special colored wheels that are specific to the Bullitt. To me a Die-cast model especially a limited Edition model should be precise in its detailing justifying it's high price tag. I'll be keeping the model and not painting the wheels the appropriate color. It will be interesting to see if the wrong colored wheels are noted by those scrutinzing the cars detailing or if the obvious flaw can be found in the cars detailing. I would venture to speculate that the wrong wheel colors would be a easily noted.

And I forgot to mention that out of the box I found that the car had a broken off Fender Antenna.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
You are right, in the scheme of things, it is a trival matter. BUT, Franklin Mint markets itself in having "authentic" special edition models and charges accordingly. They should make it right and send you the corrected model.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
At that price point I would expect the car to be perfect in every detail.
Franklin Mint markets itself in just that fashion
I would pursue this to get another car from them that is correct.....
and of course, keep the screwed up one.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
01' Auto-Art BULLITT die cast has wrong color wheels also (Too dark) + some other details wrong. I don't know why they can't get it right especially Franklin Mint for that price.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lancorecorder said:
Joe,
You where going to mod that with shorty anyway. Whatta you want for $200?
Your right on with the Shorty Antenna Mod on my Bullitt, It was one of the first mods I purchased. And Yes, I expect perfection especially from Franklin Mint that always insist on their wanting to produce perfection in their products. I guess I have reached the point where I won't buy from Franklin Mint again. I have acquired several items from Franklin Mint including three Special Edition pocket watches that were givem to me as gifits. They are beautiful pocket watches but two of the three don't work at all.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Send the Bullitt back and get your money.

·
Registered
87 Posts
While there are some flaws, not to mention the gray carpet too, all in all it's a pretty neat die cast. It's not always that a company makes a replica of the very car you own.

As a side note, luck of the draw, mine was number 19 which is my birthday...thought that was cool! Even neater would be to get one the same number as your own Bullitt!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts