Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting some wider Anthracite Bullitt Wheels on the back. My question is are they the same color as the stock wheels or are they slightly different. mustangtuning is where i might get them also. thanks

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
There is a color difference between the stock wheels and the wider wheels. They do match 02 and up Bullitt wheels as they are sightly darker. Not enough of a difference for me to buy all 4 though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that looks like where i stand as well, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
There is a color difference between the stock wheels and the wider wheels. They do match 02 and up Bullitt wheels as they are sightly darker. Not enough of a difference for me to buy all 4 though.
I agree with Greg. I just bought the rear 10.5's.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i bought all 4 but it is a very close match. no one will notice unless you point it out and even then its hard to tell

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what size tires do you recommend with them. i heard that it might be noticably slower with 315's.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha thats just what ive heard but didnt know if there was any truth to it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Slower by excess weight and rolling resistance. This is trus for when you are moving and during acceleration but the improved traction and looks makes up for it I guess. Wheel weight is a big deal and The bullitt has been th only vehicle I've owned that I didn't research weight of the wheels before buying. I just liked the look and wider tires. The 17x10.5 DD bullitt weigh alittle over 30lbs without tire. I believe the stock 17x8" Bullitts weigh around 24-25lbs each. The only reason most people don't complain about the extra weight is because of the extra torque the V8's provide. Smaller engine cars really slow down with heavier wheels.
I just spent $1k on some used Centerline RPM's in a 17x7" size with new Pirelli tires. The wheels alone only weight 13.4lbs each with center caps. One of the lightest forged 17" wheels on the market These of course are going on my 300hp 3.3L H/C Built 89' SHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts