Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm gonna watch Bullitt for the first time after having the DVD well over 2 months...

/runs from angry mob of Bullittheads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Please do not kill me anybody but...I just cannot watch that whole movie. I have tried 3 or 4 times and I always end up fast forwarding to the chase seen then turning it off after that......im not a true bullitt head :-(.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,084 Posts
hockeyplayerhere said:
Please do not kill me anybody but...I just cannot watch that whole movie. I have tried 3 or 4 times and I always end up fast forwarding to the chase seen then turning it off after that......im not a true bullitt head :-(.
Don't feel bad, if I'm not paying attention constantly, I get lost. Fortunately the fact that I've seen it umpteen times allows me to know what's happenning. I just watch it for the old cars in the background.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,763 Posts
hockeyplayerhere said:
Please do not kill me anybody but...I just cannot watch that whole movie. I have tried 3 or 4 times and I always end up fast forwarding to the chase seen then turning it off after that......im not a true bullitt head :-(.

Don't be, if there was no chase scene, there would be no BULLITT, so, If all you like is the chase scene that is fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
I think it could be safely said that you're better off reading the book first to get the full grasp of the plot the first time you watch the movie. I've never read the book but I was told long ago it was one of those "the book explains the movie" situations.

The chase scene (of course) is quite addicting. :smile:

How many of Yall on here has ever read the book from start to finish? :question:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,084 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
How many of Yall on here has ever read the book from start to finish? :question:
There's a book? :eek: I have the Mad Magazine take on the movie. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
I bought the movie right after I bought my car. The first time I actually watched it all the way through, I thought the movie was a bit slow. Once the chase scene came on, I was hooked.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
For the time it was made it was a very controversial movie, cussing and blood up until that time there was very little of either in films. That poor stunt guy gets thrown against that wll so many times....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
BigBullitt said:
There's a book? :eek: I have the Mad Magazine take on the movie. :lol:
DAAAAAAAAAAANG YOU'RE OOOOOOOOOLD ... (ROFLMAO)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I need to find the book. Hmm Amazon ??
YEP ... great idea. Seems as though I saw one on E-bay once but I don't remember for sure ... and NO ... I have no valid reason whatsoever as to why I didn't snatch it up ... :~((
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
YEP ... great idea. Seems as though I saw one on E-bay once but I don't remember for sure ... and NO ... I have no valid reason whatsoever as to why I didn't snatch it up ... :~((
OK .... on E-bay right now ...

Item #160179811926 - here is the item description via cut-and-paste:

"BULLITT" Novelization by Robert L. Pike.... A Movie Tie-In edition with Steve McQueen on the cover. Used mass market paperback in good or better reading condition; fully intact and unmarked (no writing) with average exterior wear and pages a bit yellowed from age... Published by Avon Books, 1968.


Item #250183881658 (this one is in the UK). It shows Robert L. Pike as the author and publication date of 1997 ... (???)

They refer to "Lt. Clancy" as the detective ... (???)

Can anyone confirm that Robert L. Pike was the original author? When the story first came out?

My wife said to be careful to make sure the book I buy isn't written after-the-fact (movie). Sounds like good advice to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
RayS said:
Mute Witness

Robert L. Fish, author

Link to preview:

http://www.rosettabooks.com/pages/title_91_preview.html

And if you really, really want the book:

http://www.royalbooks.com/details.php?record=102015&URLPAIR=%2F%2Fwww.royalbooks.com%2Fshowcase.php

Of course, that's a first edition. Probably only B-Man could afford that one, with all the money he makes from the website. :lol:
I'm a little confused; the "Mute Witness" book is the BULLITT story (movie with the chase)?

Would this make the other "BULLITT" novels be fakes even if by the same author, or what?

By the way ... Thanks for the assistance (but I don't think I'll pay $1900 for a book !!! LOL).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,424 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
For the time it was made it was a very controversial movie, cussing and blood up until that time there was very little of either in films. That poor stunt guy gets thrown against that wll so many times....
That was the actual actor, not a stuntman. Bullitt was one of the first movies to use explicit violence (Bonnie and Clyde also), one of the first movies that people paid to see repeatedly (Bonnie and Clyde also), and the first movie to use the word "bull****". I still remember the audiences reaction. It's absolutely hilarious compared to the swearing in the media today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I'm a little confused; the "Mute Witness" book is the BULLITT story (movie with the chase)?

Would this make the other "BULLITT" novels be fakes even if by the same author, or what?

By the way ... Thanks for the assistance (but I don't think I'll pay $1900 for a book !!! LOL).

Mute Witness provided the story line for Bullitt (the book is set in New York and there is no chase scene - gasp!!!)

The "Bullitt" novels written by Robert Pike are still legit. They were just retitled versions of Mute Witness after the success of the Bullitt movie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
folky15 said:
Mute Witness provided the story line for Bullitt (the book is set in New York and there is no chase scene - gasp!!!)

The "Bullitt" novels written by Robert Pike are still legit. They were just retitled versions of Mute Witness after the success of the Bullitt movie.
OK, thanks. So I'm safe to assume the "BULLITT" novels will have the chase scene in San Francisco then, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
YEP ... LOL ... I remember it was one of the first drive-in movies my parents took me to (I think my very first was to see Don Knotts in "The Reluctant Astronaut" ... ROFLMAO).

I remembered the chase scene and talked about it in school for weeks. :clap2:

I also remember my Mom complaining when we were driving home afterwards; "If I had known they was going to use language like that I wouldn't have taken my son to see it." :lol:

Amazing how times have changed, huh? :-D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top