Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are probably about 400 of us out here that don't know how this club got started or who is footing the bill for the site? Most of the time there's advertising all over the place on something like this...I'm not complaining...Honest! :grin: Just wanted to know the history of the club since I know from some of the discussion it started some where else and made a few moves before becoming the terrific site that it is now. A big THANKS to all that made it happen and contribute time, money and what ever so we Bullitt owners have a great place to talk about our cars. :wink: :cool:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well, there was a small group of us that started getting together on the BON site,when we were waiting for our Bullitts to arrive. Those were trying times,what with the Horsepower rating deal. I'll let some of the others chime in from here!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would love to hear how this site started and the runnings of it. After spending a little time in Stangnet, and not really that happy with it, I came upon this site. Bullittclub is a site to find an endless amount of knowledge of the Bullitt and in a respectable way. I would just like to say thanks to ALL for making this site one enjoyable to visit day in and day out. :smile: :smile:

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Myself, along with the other moderators and the founders, have been "together" since we were on BON waiting for our new toys to arrive. If you've been to BON, you know it gets kinda argumentitive sometimes, so Bullitt (Webmaster) started this site for a place to talk respectively about out Bullitt's and cars in general. I'll let Bullitt go into more detail if he wants.
Cam

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Most of "us early #s" started out at Blue Oval News and kept each other company while we waited impatiently for our Bullitts to even start on the assembly line! There were a couple of delays because of the hp issue and shortage of parts. We talked about tracing them from VOPC and from the railroad and congratulated each other when they got theirs delivered and were so excited to get someone to post the first pics of the Bullitt besides from media. Then some people came in and started flaming the Bullitt and so bullitt, our Founder, started a club for us only at Yahoo that didn't work out well technically so here we are at Bullittclub! (I just had to put my 2 cents in there)! :grin:

Vicki

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I believe Bob (Nasty) is the official BullittClub historian. He keeps the ancient tomes regarding the BullittHead tribe. :smile:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I check Bullitclub messages every day, if possible. I never look at BON or Stangnet. There is no comparison. Thanx. :-B

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-22 11:28, The Trooper wrote:
I check Bullitclub messages every day, if possible. I never look at BON or Stangnet. There is no comparison. Thanx. :-B

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree. I'd be realy interested in reading about the history. Perhaps an addition to the FAQ or something.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Ah, BON!! Those were the good ol' days, eh Blackwing, Twostang, Nasty. Yea, right. It really was nice to end up in a place where everyone is so nice to each other (group hug time).

·
Registered
351 Posts
The reason why Bullittclub is such a blast, is quite simple, Respect for others opinions, intelligent conversations, shared love of our Bullitts and Nastys unlimited humor!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in too. This site is just fantastic. EVERYONE is cool and helpful. No flaming, or trash talk, or cussing. I hope it stays around for a long time. I almost feel like I know some of you, although I know I don't. If there is anything I could do to help, just let me know. Hey, the sun just came out. I'm goin' cruising!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is by far the best place for us on the web. I don't even check the other sites anymore! Thanks to the founders!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts