Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

My life has been extremely chaotic for the last month, topped off with computer problems. I have missed my bullittheads. #2832 is doing well now up to 7500 miles, soon to be stored for the winter. Just wanted all of you to know I am still alive :smile:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome back! I'm sure I'm not the only one who was wondering what happened to you. Check out how may new members there are!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
welcome home,Just as you get back to the bullitt world I get ready to leave. Latest update.
Car goes instorage for the winter next week. I fly out sometime by sunday. Hope I have comp acess so I can talk with you all
Travis

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the warm welcome back everyone. Today I am going to try to get my Tri-Ax shifter and densecharger installed in time to see how I like them before I store #2832 for the winter. Snow is predicted here next week :sad: Then I'll just have to dream of Bondurant driving school which I am attending Dec 10-12.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Welcome back Tracy! BonVoyage Travis! Be safe... Tracy, I think that driving school would be a good idea for me too. I wonder where I would find out more about it and if it is available here in my town..... hummmmm

(Heaven knows that I could use it with Bullette and when I get nerve up to drive the R it will come in handy!! :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
http://www.bondurant.com/

Hey I was just reading their site, and they welcome guests. I should go and get some pics and vids and post them. Would it be neat to have like a class of 12 Bullitt owners!!!
Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-11-15 11:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Midlife, if you can please come visit me. It would be cool to hook up with another Bullitthead even if you're not in the class.

Got my densecharger and my tri-ax shifter on this afternoon. It may be my imagination but the car sounds louder and "happier" with the densecharger. The tri-ax is, in a word, substantial. I love the feel of it. So far I'm happy with both mods.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Tracy,

Lucky you! Bondurant's driving school would be awesome. I'm with Mid Life, it'd be cool to have a bunch of Bullitt owners in the same class. Too bad we didn't know earlier. Make sure you give us a full report on the experience afterwards. BTW, which class are you taking, the HPD or ARR?

Hank

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Bullittgirl

When you say your densecharger is louder
do you mean during hard acceleration, or just
every day driving. Also, does your car feel stronger in any way. The reason i'm asking is that i would like to have the same two mods(tri-ax and densecharger).

Thanks in advance
DHG 2766

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG 2766 on 2001-11-15 22:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG 2766 on 2001-11-15 22:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bondurant is the ultimate facility with all kinds of tracks at Firebird Raceway, you are going to have a blast in those "orange" Mustangs. There are sooo many of them there. I have attended the karting class and dreamed of the Mustang/Formula Ford full blown 3 day course. I have to stick with being a dreamer, racing shifter karts.

Anyway, maybe we should get some AZ Bullitts to show up and line up along side the test track and distract her??? As I really don't want to thrash my Bullitt braking and cornering as they teach there. It is major "Gs" and heart pumping.

Have FUN!!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DHG 2766- I think the densecharger is louder on acceleration and definitely more powerful. Is it my imagination? Maybe, but I have that same giddy feeling I had when I first got the car-I keep wanting to do burnouts etc. The tri-ax is solid. There is no play in the shifter at all. It makes a nice click as you get it in each gear. I think these mods definitely enhanced overall performance and were relatively inexpensive.

Hope at least of few of you AZ Bullittheads show up to see me at Bondurant. I'm taking the 3 day HPD class. It should be a blast.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You sure you want to go to Bondurant? Check out skip barber. They have a racing school at laguna seca racetrack. being able to drive on that track is worth the price of admission alone.

Plus, don't forget that at Bondurant you'll actually start out driving a SLOWER car than your Bullitt (a 95 Cobra).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too late for me to change. It's less than 30 days till my class so I'd lose my deposit, which was 50% of the total. Besides, it's an excellent school. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
glad you're back tracy!
i wondered where you'd gone? i'd even asked vickie a week or two ago if she had heard from you!!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Yes, Marty, I E-mailed Tracy right after that and told her we missed her at the Club and woila! Here she is!

Vicki

69 coupe-all restored
2001 DHG Bullitt
2000 Cobra R

1 - 17 of 17 Posts