Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my car to a friends house tonight in southern MO to have him install my longtubes and lowering springs. It didn't rain the whole way down there, but all of the sudden it poured down 1/2 golfball size hail. 2425 definately has some damage, but not extremely noticeable. What sucks is the car is pretty much perfect and never seen rain before, so it was pretty hard to watch the hail hit my car.

Just wondering if you guys would do the paintless dent removal or what other bullittheads have done in the past. Any information would be great.

I will definately get it back in pristine condition again, Thx everyone.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
do the paintless, the right people are brilliant with those tools

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes.. PDR is a very good way to go if it is a very good company doing it..Check references!!! A MUST!!!! We got hit last year on 4/14/06 and there will be alot of fly by night companies coming in to get your money.. Stick with a local company in your area just in case you develope problems... and after repairs are done get the back sides of metal corrision protection or rustproof.. Very important!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news. I have had two cars totaled by hail, thankfully not the Bullitt. In fact a big hail storm that came thru Florissant where I'm at back in 2001 about this time of year destroyed my truck and I took the insurance money and used it to help buy my Bullitt. At the time I was working for a sign company and the next day I went to work and had a bumper sticker made that said.....HAIL SUCKS....slapped it on the back of the truck, latter that afternoon I went home and the local news people were in the 'hood and saw the sticker and knocked on the door for an interview. As far as paintless dent removal, my cars were to far gone to be repaired. I do know it's a long slow process. Have you talked to your insurance company yet?

Best of luck

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just happened tonight, I left a message for my ins. agent and hopefully she will get back to me in the morning.

Do you know if they quote to have your car painted or to have the the PDR done, just curious?

·
Registered
889 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
It just happened tonight, I left a message for my ins. agent and hopefully she will get back to me in the morning.

Do you know if they quote to have your car painted or to have the the PDR done, just curious?

The estimator will know right away weather or not your damage is a good candidate for PDR, if not they will write up a normal estimate which would include paint. They start putting the info. in and if the damage exceeds the value of the car they STOP and say, sorry your car is totalled. Let's hope that's not the case. Most people don't understand that hail can total a car.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the looks of it, I can't imagine that the car is totalled in any way. The dents aren't very big, but noticeable at the right angle and light. I couldn't imagine that they would total but who knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts