Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I was born and raised 30 miles south of La Crosse. (now in Colorado Springs) Hope you're having a good time. Make sure you stop by and see the largest six pack of beer in the world! Oh, and get some cheese curds too!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Things to do and see in Lacross.

I really do not know the town all that well as it is on the west coast, we easterners stay on the big lake side generally. but I will say if you are a guitar maniac one of the best shops in the world is located in LaCross it is called Daves guitar shop and if you are definitly into axes they may let you upstairs to see the collection and impressive it surely is.

Todays special is a 1956 Les Paul Custom normally it is 45k today it can be had for only $39,995. that is just one of many that these guys have in stock.

http://www.davesguitar.com/products.html?13256

Also for a really cool dining experience go to Casablanca for dinner that is if you have 3 to 4 hours to kill as it is an experience not just dinner. There is no menu and you will have 5-6 courses along with a very interesting experience, whatever is the special is you will get it but if there is something you do not like let him know and he will make something special for your main course. The cost is only $25 per person and it is truly over the top as to what they give you.

http://www.activediner.com/restaurant/homepage.cfm?CID=685321&WRID=0&CBID=

Other than that I cannot say much about the town as usually I am just going through it on my way elsewhere.

You are correct though the weather is great today with highs in the upper 70's truly spectacular weather for this time of year.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started working at 5:00 am today and the meetings finally ended at 6:30 pm. We went to Buzzard Billy's downtown. Food was good and the drinks were great. More meetings all day tomorrow and then I fly at 5:00 am Wednesday morning. Not much time for anything else. Maybe next time.

Town is beautiful. I would love to see it this summer. My motel is right on the Mississippi River. Much different than it looks in New Orleans.

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Your in a beautiful part of the world, God's country. Come back when there are leaves on the trees and it is green out. Drive either side of the river and enjoy the scenery.

Lee

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Just saw these posts this evening(late Mon nite). Bullitt 736, I live in La Crosse, but hardly ever post anything, mostly just look and browse. So far I'm glad your're having a good stay in our town, this is a beautiful area indeed with the bluffs and the river. I notice you are from Texas, my aunt and uncle live at Montgomery, TX near Conroe. If you get a chance from your business, I work at Kmart Phcy 2 to 9 on Tues--give me a call.

Regards, John

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BOSS01 said:
Just saw these posts this evening(late Mon nite). Bullitt 736, I live in La Crosse, but hardly ever post anything, mostly just look and browse. So far I'm glad your're having a good stay in our town, this is a beautiful area indeed with the bluffs and the river. I notice you are from Texas, my aunt and uncle live at Montgomery, TX near Conroe. If you get a chance from your business, I work at Kmart Phcy 2 to 9 on Tues--give me a call.

Regards, John
Hopefully I'll be back this summer. I'll bring the golf clubs with me. I just got back from dinner at Huck Finn's. I'm about to get some sleep. I get up at three to hit the airport for the first flight out.

You have a beautiful little town and I look forward to coming back. I live about five miles from Montgomery. PM your phone number and I'll try to call the next time I'm up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts