1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$18,604 GT Delux with leather, Mach 460
$22,328 Bullitt 20% more than the GT above
$23,718 Cobra 6% more than a Bullitt

I ran these numbers on http://www.edmunds.com and used 3000 miles on all and dark green on all. The numbers are for selling to a private party, not trade-in or retail. It looks like we made a good choice!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2001-11-13 20:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's good to here. I read somewhere that the resale value on a PT Cruiser is higher now than when the cars were new. That I just don't understand.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Keep in mind with 0% on new cars the used car maket is almost non-existant. If you need to sell your Bullitt (or any car) now you should prepare yourself for a rude awakening.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's true the used car market is beginning to fill up due to the zero interest loans, however you must keep in mind a vast majority of the population cannot qualify for the zero interest loans. Used cars will always sell, and specialty vehicles such as the Bullitt only appeal to a narrow market in the first place. The fact new ones are still sitting at dealerships proves that, which is a similar situation for SVT vehicles. The first year (99) of the return of the Lightning, they sold before hitting the lots, but now you can find new ones sitting in groups of four and five on dealers back lots. The car business is a funny place, and not very predictable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also, keep in mind that Kelly Blue Book does not list a resale price for a Bullitt as of yet since there is no real turn-over to gauge from. It is way to early to expect any kind of value jump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts