Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

just purchased a mustang bullit and need some advice and tips
loving the car, but i bought it second hand and need to remedy a few things...

there are a few chipstones on the bonnet - (1mmx1mm white) i have ordered some touch up paint with the clear lacquer as a fix (bright highland green b5) awaiting this to be delivered and will follow youtube tutorials so i can get best results. any advise on this would be greatly appreciated
(
Sky World Grey Building Tints and shades
attached picture, this is probably one of the bigger ones on the bonnet)

there are a few light scratches too around the body of the car, is this a matter of a rubbing compound and polishing? (i can't get my finger nail in it, so its on the surface)

finally another issue there are two dents on the rear bumper diffuser, where two parts are slighltly indented. can this be fixed easily? or would the whole back bumper need replacing? (how much would i be looking at)

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

i have attached some pictures to help which may be helpful

i appreciate your help, i am new to this forum and i'm sure i will be posting more in the coming weeks/year
as i finally got my dream car

thank you
kd

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Welcome to the world of Bullitts
These Mustangs can get gravel rash on the panel between the front of the rear wheel arch and the end of the door
This is caused by the slight flare in the rear body disrupting the air flow along the body
The gravel etc comes off the front wheels as they turn and strikes the body in those parts
You need to put mudflaps on your front wheels to minimise this problem

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
378 Posts
i am a autobody tech with a lot of years experience.
the dents in the bumper can be made to look better. you might have to remove the bumper to repair this.
you need to heat the area up with a heat gun or something similar. once warm you will have to push the dented area out. om body line a something with a straight edge works excellent. start slow and move carefully. if not good enough then re-heat and push out again. you might have to push from the back side and push down on the body line from the outside to repair this. the repair area is textured so it can't be repaired to look oem.
yes this can be repaired with filler and paint, i do this a lot. the problem is the texture will never look exactly like the factory part did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am a autobody tech with a lot of years experience.
the dents in the bumper can be made to look better. you might have to remove the bumper to repair this.
you need to heat the area up with a heat gun or something similar. once warm you will have to push the dented area out. om body line a something with a straight edge works excellent. start slow and move carefully. if not good enough then re-heat and push out again. you might have to push from the back side and push down on the body line from the outside to repair this. the repair area is textured so it can't be repaired to look oem.
yes this can be repaired with filler and paint, i do this a lot. the problem is the texture will never look exactly like the factory part did.
thank you for your comments

i think i will get a local body shop repairer and suggest this... and try and get it as best as i can

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts