Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the new Bullitt to a local cruise Friday evening where it was given a warm welcome. Upon arriving home, I suggested that we leave the cover off in case there was some road dust on the paint. However, the wife mentioned possible thunder storms; so we took the time to cover it. About 4:00 in the morning, a big storm hit our area with large hail raining down with tremendous force. I stood, looking out the window, helpless to do anything but worry about the car. The next morning, we carefully checked our other vehicles first and all were OK. As we uncovered the Bullitt, it first appeared OK too; unfortunately, there are three hail dings in the roof! Two are hard to pick out, but there is one that is obvious right in the center of the roof. I'm not sure what to do about it, if anything; but we once had a bad repair job on a hail damaged car and I wouldn't wish that on the Bullitt. Ironically, the first car payment is due this coming week! All I can think about is that damned ding.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is a bummer. Sorry to hear that happened. But Droopysbullit is right, check with your dealer because they do use good hail damage repair persons. In most cases, you won't even know it was there in the first place.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not to worry. As long as the dents aren't close to an edge there are guys who can get them out so well that YOU can't even find where they were. I have seen with my own eyes.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Oooo, sorry to hear that. #1980 has been caught by a couple of bouts of hail, and thus far has escaped injury.

Now that I am going back working out of town I have found a garage to 'rack' her in while I am away, now I am going to be able to sleep at night. :)

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
bifs08 said:
We took the new Bullitt to a local cruise Friday evening where it was given a warm welcome. Upon arriving home, I suggested that we leave the cover off in case there was some road dust on the paint. However, the wife mentioned possible thunder storms; so we took the time to cover it. About 4:00 in the morning, a big storm hit our area with large hail raining down with tremendous force. I stood, looking out the window, helpless to do anything but worry about the car. The next morning, we carefully checked our other vehicles first and all were OK. As we uncovered the Bullitt, it first appeared OK too; unfortunately, there are three hail dings in the roof! Two are hard to pick out, but there is one that is obvious right in the center of the roof. I'm not sure what to do about it, if anything; but we once had a bad repair job on a hail damaged car and I wouldn't wish that on the Bullitt. Ironically, the first car payment is due this coming week! All I can think about is that damned ding.
Bernie,

Check these out:

http://www.reconexpress.com/details...paintless-dent-repair-/-ding-removal-pdr.html

http://www.dcregistry.com/links_dir/html/english/autos/Service_and_Repair/

http://www.hotfrog.com/Products/paintless-dent-removal

I have a contact here in Franklin, TN. that has done Major Dent/Hail Damage (Dentless) work and you cannot tell anything was ever done.

NO-PAINT WORK Period !!!!!!!!

That is why it is called Dentless Repair.

Just make sure that the company you pick has been in that Business for a very long time.

ESPECIALLY, the Tech. that will be doing your Hail Damaged Roof !!!!!!!

I think All will be just fine and you will be a Happy Bullitt Owner once again when they get done !!!!!!!

Happy Dent Removal,

Terry

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Bernie,

Check these out:

NO-PAINT WORK Period !!!!!!!!

That is why it is called Dentless Repair.

Terry
You mean "PAINTless Repair" there Terry, I b'lieve......... :lol:

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I saw your hail damage at Apple ford Saturday. I'm sure that a dent place can take them out. The are hardly even noticeable but, you know they are there. That would drive me crazy too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info and sympathy. I spoke to the insurance people this morning and they will let me choose someone to fix the dings if I don't feel comfortable with their recommended shops.

Bernie

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
bifs08 said:
Thanks for the info and sympathy. I spoke to the insurance people this morning and they will let me choose someone to fix the dings if I don't feel comfortable with their recommended shops.

Bernie
Bernie,

Let Us know how things turn out........

I think ALL will be just Fine in the End........

Terry

·
Registered
17 Posts
We had a nasty hail storm in my town last night. we got two dents in the hood, everything else looks O.K. A body shop I talked to recommended going to a dealer to see if they use a dent repair place. Sound fair?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had a huge zing from road debris in my front fender before my first payment was due.I feel your pain:cry: But on a brighter note my zing was in a tough spot and huge,A Dent Doctor got it out and it was almost like new,Had a little paint damage from the debris but some touch up paint hooked it up.I'm sure it will turn out fine:smile:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After evaluating the several repair facilities recommended by State Farm, I decided on a shop (Detrich's) close to where we live in Pasadena (Md). The owner was a "car guy" and was sympathetic and understanding of our particular situation. By the time we took the car in yesterday, the ding count had risen to over 20 (hood, roof, rear quarter, etc). Everytime we looked, we found a new ding. We got #5657 back today and I am totally satisfied with the workmanship. I looked it over pretty thoroughly and cannot find any flaws. This was a paintless dent removal operation and I am impressed. I would recommend this shop for any similar body damage, particularly for a "special" car.
Bernie

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Good to hear that it was fixed to your satisfaction. That's great news. :)

Did you happen to check out the cost of the repair?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts