Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Mac o/r h-pipe on the bullitt and now every once in awhile it will blow some blue smoke out of the tailpipes. Seems to only happen when i get into gear at idle, speeding up. Is this something i should be concerned about or is this common with catless h-pipes? I'm thinking that it could be burning a bit of oil.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I've heard of it happening a small amount on modulars.

Not long after getting 1986 a friend said he saw a few puffs when I was driving the hell out of it. I have even seen a new Mach1 spew some smoke.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes excessive. Loosing around a quart between oils changes is fairly typical.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Ezekial said:
I've heard of it happening a small amount on modulars.

Not long after getting 1986 a friend said he saw a few puffs when I was driving the hell out of it. I have even seen a new Mach1 spew some smoke.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes excessive. Loosing around a quart between oils changes is fairly typical.
that seems a little excessive. 890 does not burn a drop and i'm not running cats. regardless of mods, i would be worried if i was losing 1 of my 5 quarts every 3000 miles. maybe i'm wrong, but i've never had a car burn oil at all, except for a 5.0 with 100k miles on it. it started to burn maybe half a quart every 5k miles, so it got sold fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts