Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am contemplating upgrading the front bushings with MM Urethane: Front Control Arm, Front Swaybar, and steering rack.

Do we have the Hydro or standard control arm bushings?
Will these have any real effect on handling? Is it worth it?
Any other bushings, etc I should consider?

Also considering Bilstiens with stock springs....good idea? Where is the best price for them?

Will also do the Stainless Brake Lines and I think the MGW shifter over the winter.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I purchased some poly strut bushings, but did not really notice a difference after installation.

I also purchased poly end-link bushings and sway bar bushings. I have not noticed a difference, but that is probably because I have not yet put them on. :(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You will notice a lot of differance if you Open Track your Bullitt, but if it is street driven daily I would leave it alone. I would only use Bilsteins if you have upgraded (increased) the spring rate. Check out my garage if your serious about upgrading your suspension at a very reasonable cost.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I had FRPP 03/04 Cobra front A arms installed but my car had 110k miles. I assume it needed ball joints anyway and it was less expensive than buying ball joints and bushings. Made a ton of difference but mileage was most of the reason I'm sure. You can see my sig for the other items installed.

FordFan has some very nice suspension mods. Do some searches on the site. There is a ton of good info available.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Hi Guys,
I had MRT make some suspension upgrades including offset front control arm bushings. The car handles much better on open track days but the bushings squeak.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I do open track the Bullitt. Fordfan, it looks like I have mostly duplicated your setup, minus of course the Bilstiens/Springs/MM Bushings. How much lower did the spring setup put your car? How much harsher is it in normal street driving?

I also Autocross the Bullitt, and am anxious to see what the panhard bar has done to handling in these events (just installed at the end of the season, now in storage until spring).

Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts