Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyno Testing is being performed on several vehicles with varying levels of modification. Testing has shown gains of more than 20 RWHP on naturally aspirated vehicles with stock engines and high flow aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Check out over at s197.com too.... they've seen nothing but losses except on major builds.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was thinking like a h/c/i (head cam intake) deal
for ex. stage two heads
comp vsr stage 2 cam
then this intake manifold

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I suggest anyone looking at this intake talk directly to Lee @ C&L and ignore all the BS out on the forums...

Lee is the designer and engineer of the intake, installation is easy but the key is in the tuning of the PCM to achive the best results.

=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by FordFan:

Lee is the designer and engineer of the intake, installation is easy but the key is in the tuning of the PCM to achive the best results
good point! +1

i am feeling that a turbo or centri will really benefit from this new manifold regardless of other engine mods like cams and heads. i guess we'll eventually see if this is true when more of these intakes hit the market.

·
Registered
969 Posts
sign 'o the times

originally posted by FordFan:

the key is in the tuning of the PCM to achive the best results.

this jumped out at me... we used to tune the engine and now we tune the PCM. HA!

i guess this is good for your average joe with the way info can be shared/sent over the net now combined with a handheld tuner. you still have to pay, you just don't always have to "go" somewhere to get better results.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree stock or very little mods wont make a big difference but on blown or Turbo Cars I am pretty sure this is the bad boy to get...

I read the article in MM&FF (my favorite magazine) and it's something I am looking into make. the whole concept make sence.

·
Registered
280 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
good point! +1

i am feeling that a turbo or centri will really benefit from this new manifold regardless of other engine mods like cams and heads. i guess we'll eventually see if this is true when more of these intakes hit the market.
This manifold is on my short list of goodies for my '07 GT as it makes great power improvements over 4,500 rpm's, which is right where my car is getting started (4,800 rpm stall converter and Vortech V2 centrifugal blower). From what I can tell, I'll likely get little improvement in torque, but 30-50 hp gains over 4,500 rpm's through redline. Works for me! Can't wait to save up enough to buy one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
FordFan said:
I suggest anyone looking at this intake talk directly to Lee @ C&L and ignore all the BS out on the forums...

Lee is the designer and engineer of the intake, installation is easy but the key is in the tuning of the PCM to achive the best results.

=-=-=-=-=-=-
Talking to C&L is an amazing Idea!!!! Call up the guys that made the thing to tell you how good it is and completely ignore the dyno that tells no lies.

And tuning the PCM/ECU is the results on everything, hence dyno tuned.

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by navyman8903:

AND ford racing is making an intake manifold for our cars that hopefully will not rape out torque curve.
i'm all ears on this one, joe :clap: :clap: :clap: anything else to share???

i hate it when my torque curve gets raped!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't have a part number.( I think that they are still in testing) However it has been leaked by FRPP that they are making a intake manifold to out perform the c&l.

Which I have no doubt they will do. Let me do some digging and see if I can't find something.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
navyman8903 said:
Talking to C&L is an amazing Idea!!!! Call up the guys that made the thing to tell you how good it is and completely ignore the dyno that tells no lies.

And tuning the PCM/ECU is the results on everything, hence dyno tuned.
I'm not sure what your angle is but... this is totally uncalled for
Your just the type of guy on the forums with all the answers...
Over the past 4 years I've equipped both our Mustangs with C&L products and have used there customer support to obtain the best performance possible.
304hp/298tq SAE corrected on the 2006 using the C&L Racer Kit
275hp/268tq SAE corrected on the 2001 using the C&L bullitt kit
What's your experience with C&L??? Keep reading what others maybe getting, but there are so many variables that can be overlooked... You READ IT somewhere so your an expert.... RIGHT!!!

Maybe if you talk to C&L you'll find out there's more to the story DUH

Rant over-

=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by navyman8903:

I don't have a part number.( I think that they are still in testing) However it has been leaked by FRPP that they are making a intake manifold to out perform the c&l.

Which I have no doubt they will do. Let me do some digging and see if I can't find something.
cooooooool!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts