Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

C&L intake

521 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jp660605 
#1 ·
I've been looking around for a while now for a CAI and have decided to go with a C&L intake tube and undecided fender filter kit. I have decided to go with it because of the aluminum look that matches the intake and Team Breed valve covers that I plan on getting sometime down the road. Where is the best place (best price) to get the C&L intake tube at?

#2 ·
Also deciding about inlet pipe

I have the team breed valve covers and am thinking about the cast aluminum inlet pipe. The only one I can seem to find is the C&L one at http://www.cnlperformance.com/inlet.html

I don't care for the blue band on it but perhaps that can be taken off. Somewhere I saw an inlet pipe for our cars without the blue band but now cannot find it.

#4 ·
I had a C&L on mine. It was ok. I then switched to a JLT. WOW!!! What a difference! Not only does it make it breath sooooo much better than the C&L but it LOOKS soooo much better. Plus whatever color your Bullitt is, it is painted to match. And the price difference is not all that much. About $20-$30 depending where you buy it.

#7 ·
jp660605 said:
I've been looking around for a while now for a CAI and have decided to go with a C&L intake tube and undecided fender filter kit. I have decided to go with it because of the aluminum look that matches the intake and Team Breed valve covers that I plan on getting sometime down the road. Where is the best place (best price) to get the C&L intake tube at?
jp660605 ...

You might want to check out KarKrafters ... They are selling some TeamBreed covers now at a reduced price (www.karkraft.com).

Personally, I like the JLT CAI but I am afraid the tube going to the fenderwell will not work with a strut tower brace, where the C&L will because it seems to be cast with a depression in just the right place for such a brace. Maybe I am wrong ... ???

If anyone on here is running a JLT CAI with a KB strut brace specifically for a BULLITT please let me kow how it works.

THANKS !!!

#9 ·
jp660605 said:
Do you mean the MRT cai? A pic from MRT website.

Thanks for the info on the Team Breed vc's TXBLUOVAL. The guy I bought the JLT cai from was selling it bc he was putting a strut tower brace on and it wouldnt fit.
The MRT looks real nice but I have never seen one on a car. I was talking about the cast aluminum C & L pipe in one of the posts below. C & L does make some nice stuff to go along with the pipe that creates a pipe "assembly" so to speak, such as a cast aluminum MAF, filter, etc. The best place to find one is onb E-bay. The one link below shows the main seller on E-bay. I hope this helps. Thanks for the feedback on the JLT system. :~))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.