Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running one of these? If so, how is the fit?

I ordered one, but it will not fit. I think the main issue is related to that fact that I am running a Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace. It does not seem to fit under the STB in a positoin that would allow it line up. But I also noticed, that the hole where the air sensor should go is on the right side, almost the right bottom side. It did not look like the sensor would fit without hitting a small black box on the right side of the engine compartment.

I guess I will wait until I get a SC. I will have to remove the STB at that point and I guess I can see if the new inlet tube will fit.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
For a while c&l made a specific one for the 01 bullitt but now I think they use the 96-98 cobra on for ours. Does yours have both ports for your emissoins tubes facing towards the driver side. Oh on my Denscharger the air sensor is close to the little black box.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have one on. I had to make some small mods to the air box mounting area because the aluminum doesn't bend, making putting the whole thing in place a real drag.
It is nice once in place. I had to drill and tap one hole in the front and eploxy shut one hole facing the rear.
I think the smooth flow is worth the effort. I noticed an increase in mileage also.
I think it's a nice part. Just hard to work with.

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
This piece made mine run lean. Still kept it because it matches the intake. Tune made my A/F correct again. Would I buy it again? Probably not. Am I going to change it? Not unless I supercharge. My .02

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the emission hoses are both pointing towards the drivers side. The new intake would not fit under my STB brace and then line up with the Mass Air meter. It just would not fit. One other issue I noticed is that the air sensor would not fit in place without hitting that black box. I guess I will have to tap a new hole and cover the existing hole when I am ready to put it on. I currently use the Kenny Brown Caster plates and STB brace since they do not cover the Bullitt ID sticker. When I get my bump steer kit put on, I think I will go with a true Caster/Cammber plate from MM and remove the STB at that point. Then the new intake should fit. I am currently running the Demolet full length CAI. The air filter is in the fender well and it uses a rubber intake piece that fits under the STB. This also made my car run lean, but when I got the X-Pipe and Cat back, I had it tuned to run on 93 octane and to correct the A:F.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have a suprchips tuner on my car, set to performance mode, and the car runs great.
I relocated the little black box up under the fender. there was a stud there so i slid it on there and bolted it down. No drilling. Was looking for a shock tower brace, not knowing where to buy one, I was going to try to make one.
From the sounds of things, I guess I will indeed have to make one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how noticeable was the increase in gas mileage??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts