Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any news about C&L Performance making preparations to produce a "TrueFlow Inlet Pipe" for the Bullitt? I'd like to get the remaining wrinkles out of the intake tract but I would like a little better looking system than results from the use of PVC piping.

I could not find anywhere to direct my question at the C&L Performance website.

Thanks for any and all info.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hey BULLITT680!

Did you notice a power reduction after you installed your 80mm MAF? Does it take a while for the computer adjust?

I'm getting JBA shorty headers installed this week. Will that even things out? :???:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
h1resq...
Negative on any power reduction. My baseline dyno was on a day with 80.9 degree F air induction temp...the after C&L dyno was on a day with 90.7 degree F air induction temp. Here are the results for you to compare:
Base Line Peak RWHP 234.9 @ 4850 RPM
C&L Peak RWHP 234.4 @ 4850 RPM
Base Line Avg RWHP 200.6
C&L Avg RWHP 200.9
Base Line Peak RWTQ 278.6 @ 4050 RPM
C&L Peak RWTQ 275.8 @ 4050 RPM
Base Line Avg RWTQ 249.8
C&L Avg RWTQ 248

Like I mentioned before; this was not done on the same day and there was a considerable difference in the atmospheric conditions. Although the Dynojet Model 248C and its software are supposed to be able to compensate for the changes in atmospheric conditions, most experienced dyno operators will tell you that the correction factors are not 100% accurate and do not totally compensate for differing conditions.

Plus; the Dyno test of the C&L 80mm MAF was made with the standard BLACK sample tube. I called C&L about the results and I then changed to the ORANGE sample tube which by SOTP was a considerable improvement over the BLACK sample tube. Orange tube did over 1 mph better than the BLACK consistantly through my marked off quarter-mile.

The ORANGE sample tube is supposed to LEAN the a/f mixture slightly, which I needed as evidenced by black, sooty exhaust when I was running the BLACK sample tube at WOT & 4800 - 6000 RPM on the dyno.

I have had no problems in regard to SES Lamp, driveability or idling with either of the sample tubes and the C&L system seems to be working well with my current total mod set-up...See Sig. The C&L 80mm MAF has performed flawlessly and I like the looks of it on the vehicle. That's why I'm hoping to be able to match it up with a "TrueFlow Inlet Tube" from the outlet of the MAF to the inlet of the Throttle Body.

Hope this helped answer your question.
Happy Motoring!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts