Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else been disappointed with the bodywork on the modified C-Pillar? Mine looks amaturish - waves and low spots. I am considering going back to the dealer to fix. I'll post a pic later.

#4942 DHG

·
Registered
34 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM LOKS LIKE SOME ONE MADE IT IN THERE BACK YARD. IM NOT TO IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY.I CAN SEE THE PLASTIC MOLD LINE.IT SUCKS!

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's not just ours, guys. It's all mustangs. There's nothing you can really do about it. The pieces are plastic, and each of those waves are where the clips are underneath. Being in the autobody business, trust me, it's not worth fooling with them. Just my opinion.....bugs the heck out of me too, though.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
4542's right. it's ALL mustangs! i was very unhappy about mis-allignment/uneveness along the bottom of the C-pillar and my service Mgr. told me to go out in their lot and look at ALL the other Mustangs.......damn if he wasn't dead on!
he said it would be just as likely to make it worse if i tried to have them "fix" it

·
Registered
444 Posts
Their right. The GT I had was the same way. the C-Pillar was wavy, especially near what I assume are the clips or fasteners. Ford's not the only one, most cars with plastic pieces are like that.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think there is hope for the C-pillars but it will take the work of a skilled and patient bodyshop person. When I took delivery of my yellow coupe at Freedom Ford Norfolk, VA I had lots of paint problems which were pretty common to the chrome yellow stangs. Anyway, the staff at the bodyshop there took great care of me and fixed the problem. Afterwords the paint finish on the C-pillars was just as even and smooth as the on the rest of the car. Only drawback was that they had my car for about 10 days.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I too agree with the leave it alone if you can live with it philosophy.I have had the misfortune of having a new car painted on and it looked worse every time that the touched,they finally had to buy it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts