Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok dumb question time. What is a c-pillar, and what makes it unique on the bullitt? I think I'm gonna have to go by the dealer and park next to the black gt to compare cars, just for fun.
thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Here you go.. The "C" pillar is the furthest Roof support pillar to the rear of the car..

The C pillar on the GT comes straight down where the C Pillar on the Bullitt is Swept forward to give the appearance of a "Fastback" design of the car.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-18 13:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-18 13:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I kind of had a feeling that's what it was...assumed a was front and b right behind the doors? I bet most of the bullitt cloners miss that detail.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It would be kind of hard to fake. Wouldn't you have to take the whole top part of the body apart? A little more than just sticking a badge and a new gas cap cover on. :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok...so what kind of underdrive pulleys do we have? I've read about the purpose, but also read that they can detract from the effectiveness of the parts that they power. For instance, the alternator gets less power which can result in a dead battery at idle, especially with race pulleys. I guess this is why we get the cobra alternator? Do the pulleys affect anything else? It kind of seems like a cheesy way to gain power to me, but it's a common practice.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i can't tell you anything about "what kind" but at the car show i entered 4 weeks ago i was in between a 99 GT and 00 GT. i looked back and forth from my engine to theirs and saw that 3 or 4 of our pulleys were smaller, not a lot.... maybe a 1/2" in diameter smaller. but it was a perfect opportunity to compare up close with 2 GT's!
some of the more technical guys here can give you more of an engineering type answer!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had actually measured them and compared them to a std Gt set JUST to be sure we actually got them. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
FordBullitt, did not have a tape measure or ruler but our vehicles were about 4 to 5 feet apart from each other and it was obvious that we had some smaller pullies. there wasn't a question about it, you could easily tell with the naked eye. that's why i assumed at least 1/2" cuz i could see a difference.
Does anybody here have access to a late model GT ??????????????????????

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the questions...just trying to get to know my baby better. If anyone is curious, the article I read was in a magazine called 5.0 mustangs and fast fords, or something like that. Got it at the grocery store =) It has a decent article that explains the benefits and drawbacks of using smaller/larger pulleys, but being a 5.0 magazine didn't have much on 4.6's. Oddly enough, it had a lot on the 3.8.

So, are you guys using the stock floormats? I'm thinking about putting some rubber ones on top to catch water, especially during the winter. My car is most likely not a fair weather only ride. I've also got to get a cover for that shiftknob, HOT!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I covered my shift knob with a towel and parked teh Bullitt so that the knob wouldn't be in the sun. Damned thing still got hotter than snot! I think it is an ambient temperature issue. If the inside of the car gets hot, the knob gets hot. Aluminum is one of the best heat conductors, after all. I just look on the bright side - I am getting much better at speed shifting!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
A little bit of coolness to add to that hot shifter knob. Go to any sports store or Golf store and pick yourself up a Custom Club cover. Just throw it over the shifter when you get out of the car. I'm wating for my local golf shop to get their Looney Toons shipment in. I want to get a Sylvester Cat cover.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Sounds like the perfect one for the Catsmasher.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Anyone care to compare shift patterns on our palms???..............

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,040 Posts
tlat: About the floormats. Some of the guys are putting mats over the stock mats to save them. I left the plastic on mine and will eventually get some to lay over them too.

C-pillars-----Hubby and I were sitting down next to Bullette today and noticed about 1/4" gap in the bottom of the c-pillars. Wonder if they are all like that. You don't notice it as much if you are standing next to her, tho. Just being "too picky" again, I guess! :eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I spent 3 hours washing and waxing last night. Didn't notice a gap under the pillar, but then again...I wasn't looking for it. Fortunately I managed to buff out a few small imperfections in the paint. I'll check for a gap tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I bought a set of nice black mats at Walmart and put them over the factory ones for now. I'll get a custom set made later on with "Bullitt" on them.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
vickie, one of my "quality" issues is the bottom of my c-pillars. the gap is VERY un-uniform. larger in the front of pillar than the back at the bottom of 1 c-pillar and the exact opposite on the other c-pillar
"Quality is Job # 1"

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,040 Posts
Brian; do you think they will come out with mats with BULLITT inscribed on them or just the running horses that Ford carries? Do places have mats with COBRA on them? If so, maybe they will come out with BULLITT ones! That would be cool! :cool:

mystang99: Both of my c-pillars have the same size of gap at the bottom end of them. Something I will live with. It just seems like they could have done a better job putting them in and "snapping" them into place better.

Vicki

·
Registered
214 Posts
Got home from work tonight and while sippin a 12oz. bottle of R&R I just stared down the side and was thinking how closely the c-pillars and the top of the line from the side scoops really remind me of a '68. Do I got the fever or what. I just stare at this whole car and cannot believe its sitting in my garage and I actually own it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ahhhh.......the first sign of "Bullittitis"....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts