Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. The Bullitt I recently got was originally a CA car so it has the CA emissions crap on it. Is there a way to figure out exactly what was installed as “extra” that I can take off now that it is a non-CA car? I live in MO.
The Bullitt has only 6000 miles on it so I want to let it breathe like it is supposed to. Haha!!

Thanks!!

Mike B

·
Registered
520 Posts
My guess is that there are probably no hard parts that are different between a 49 state emission vehicle and a PRoC emission vehicle. The difference is in the ECM and how various components are calibrated to follow the more stringent emission requirements.

If I was going to try and free up some of those ponies, I would probably invest in an aftermarket tune .

Just my 2 cents! YMMV!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that is planned. I’m not going to do too much though with the miles being so low. I’m going to keep it as original as possible, only modifying stuff that can easily be put back to stock. It only has 6000 miles on it so I’m going to “try” and keep it as nice as I can. I do plan on driving it though. It’s already waited 21 years to be driven. That’s long enough. 😎

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok. The Bullitt I recently got was originally a CA car so it has the CA emissions crap on it. Is there a way to figure out exactly what was installed as “extra” that I can take off now that it is a non-CA car? I live in MO.
The Bullitt has only 6000 miles on it so I want to let it breathe like it is supposed to. Haha!!

Thanks!!

Mike B
Welcome fellow Bullitt owner I am from Mo as well. Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts