Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been digging around the site and can't find the part number for the air filter (on the CAI). Does anyone have that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
dabix66 said:
Ford part # 8R3Z-9601C
Motorcraft # FA 1895
RockAuto Parts sells Motorcraft filters #FA1895 (with Bullitt Appearance Pack) for $42.79 and #FA1773 (without Bullitt Appearance Pack) for $24.79.
For $18 difference, does anyone know what the Bullitt Appearance Pack is all about? I don't see anything "Bullitt" specific on my OEM filter. :confused:

Thanks, chip

·
Registered
776 Posts
Chip
The Bullitt uses a cone type filter for the cai ,and the Mustang GT uses a flat filter they don't interchange ,hope this helps .

·
Registered
483 Posts
dabix66 said:
Chip
The Bullitt uses a cone type filter for the cai ,and the Mustang GT uses a flat filter they don't interchange ,hope this helps .
That makes sense + (cents). RockAuto didn't show any photos, so I was trying to figure what the diff was. Does $43 sound reasonable? Haven't priced one through the dealership yet.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
chip721 said:
That makes sense + (cents). RockAuto didn't show any photos, so I was trying to figure what the diff was. Does $43 sound reasonable? Haven't priced one through the dealership yet.
DEALERSHIP IS AROUND 70 BUCKS RETAIL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't even worry about finding or getting an OEM type filter. Install a Green Filter (Part No. 7051). Fits perfect. Has the end index tab. Many of us here have installed them with great results. Keep the old one for when you sell it 25 years from now so that you have the OEM part....lol

The Green Filter is like the K&N (Better?) and can be cleaned and re-oiled many times. I do mine (Green & K&N's) every 10,000 miles, if it really looks dirty or once a year. They have recharge kits (cleaner & oil) in the Std Green color or if you want to change the color...red, blue, orange, and a few other colors + green. Check it out. It will not void your Factory Warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts