Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I searched, and can't find anything. I want to mod my CAI Intake Tube. Soooooo, first it will require removing the two plastic tanks hanging down under it. Has anyone done this yet? Someone must have! What did you use, and how did you do it, to plug the two holes in the bottom of the CAI Tube? Did you cut them down, so they are smooth with the flow of the tube, or just leave them hanging with plugs in them, somehow.

I'll tell you what I am doing. I am Carbon Fiber Coating, a lot of items under the hood, and the CAI Tube is to be included.

OR............Is there a FORD Replacement tube available, or any aftermarket tube that will EASILY replace the stock one?

Thoughts................................

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First: THANK YOU!!!

Second: How'd you find it...and so quickly......I've been on here for an hour!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Probably had it bookmarked.

Also, the search function works very well. Try searching on 'intake tube', I did and found that thread in a couple of minutes myself. :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I feel so stupid, but,,,,,,

is there a link somewhere here on the forum main page for these archieves? Heck, I just saw it for the first time, thanks to your post, and I even have a write up on there....:lol: :lol:

I checked below in archieves, but that appears to be all regional info.....:confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
What is so bad about the resonator?

·
Registered
349 Posts
hey there is the carbon fiber inlet elbow from steeda...if this can help for the aftermaket question!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
GOT OATZ said:

is there a link somewhere here on the forum main page for these archieves? Heck, I just saw it for the first time, thanks to your post, and I even have a write up on there....:lol: :lol:

I checked below in archieves, but that appears to be all regional info.....:confused: :confused:
Yes, the bottom of the page is all archived forum topics. The Bullitt achives page you were directed to earlier is an outside webpage with Bullitt specific information is built and maintained by a member here (08 Shifter). As far as I know, it is not directly related to the IMBOC forum, but instead supports and assists one another - by way of the forum providing information for shifters archive by way of members posts, and the archive providing IMBOC members a place to find relevant info.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
SwissBullitt said:
hey there is the carbon fiber inlet elbow from steeda...if this can help for the aftermaket question!

I've not heard if this will work with our CAI, or not. From the pics on the page it looks to me like it wouldn't fit properly. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I think the pic, over on the Steeda site, is skewed a tad. I don't doubt the fit, but I do believe it would require a tune. You'd be changing the flow of the air, and with our Bullitt's already tuned for what's there, it would be simpler to just recoat the existing one. A member of our local club just had it done to his ROUSH, and it looks awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Lightning said:
I've not heard if this will work with our CAI, or not. From the pics on the page it looks to me like it wouldn't fit properly. Has anyone tried this?
this is from the steeda webpage:
"Note: Will work with FRPP intakes but will require retuning if using FRPP's tune with one of our SCT tuners. Shelby GT and GT-H cars are equipped with FRPP intakes. Will require retune with SCT tuner for these vehicles."

http://www.steeda.com/products/s197_carbon_fiber_inlet_tube.php

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
GOT OATZ said:

If you look at the top of any page, on the silver bar at the top, there is a button for Bullitt Archives. This is for the 2001 Bullitt that was put together by Mid Life Crisis.

I'm not sure where the main link is for the 2008 models is but Jeff (BlueBullitt2180.1) has started and keeps up with it. The link is www.08bullittarchives.com

The archives at the bottom of the forum page is the archives for old events and other posts. Good stuff there too if you are a 2001 owner and just interested in whats there.

IF YOU PERFORM MODS TRY TO TAKE SOME PICS AND LIST SOME INSTRUCTIONS AND YOU MAY SEE YOUR POST IN THERE.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RCSignals said:
Up until now, our intake from Ford Racing, that does not have the resonators, has not been available without the Ford Racing tune.
It is now available separately from the tune. BlueOvalIndustries has it

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013478
Yeah but for our BULLITT's, $209.00 is a bit steep JUST for the "Painted" LOGO. It is the same one we already have.

As for what's wrong with the Resonator's? Absolutely nothing. I just don't loke the "Cluttler" and I am Carbon coating my Intake tube. That's all.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Ol'Dave said:
Yeah but for our BULLITT's, $209.00 is a bit steep JUST for the "Painted" LOGO. It is the same one we already have.

As for what's wrong with the Resonator's? Absolutely nothing. I just don't loke the "Cluttler" and I am Carbon coating my Intake tube. That's all.
The $209 get more than just the painted logo on the filter 'bucket' it gets you the air tube without the resonators. It's the same air tube, but made without the holes for the resonators. Price air tubes, $209 is a lot of money but not as bad as you might think. You also get another filter element. Of course you could just sell the 'bucket' and element and keep the air tube.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Calibration is necessary to prevent engine damage!

Yeah, they sell it with this warning

Calibration is necessary to prevent engine damage! Calibration not included!

Just an observation:
I can't see my goofy looking Cold Air Intake resonator, so it doesn't bother me at all. Besides I like QUITE POWER. That is why I want an ELECTRIC performance car. (electric car dominates gas-powered dragsters) I understand teenagers fascination with "enhanced intake sound", I have after all been there and done that, but grownups fascination with making more noise without improving performance is baffling.

I guess they do it with bikes, pickup trucks & ricers too? :-?

RCSignals said:
Up until now, our intake from Ford Racing, that does not have the resonators, has not been available without the Ford Racing tune.
It is now available separately from the tune. BlueOvalIndustries has it

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013478

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Definitely don't buy the $209 kit and install it on a Mustang without a tune!
Putting it on a Bullitt is different, the tune is already in place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts