Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I got my Original California Car Duster in (the wooden handle!) today and used it because, naturally, the Bullitt was dusty. The first thing I noticed was how I was looking for where it had pushed the dust, but I couldn't find it. It had stuck to the duster itself! Amazing! In 2 minutes I had the ENTIRE car dusted, and looking like I had just washed it! All the dust stuck to the duster, and apparently it just gets better! My Bullitt hasn't been washed in a week and a half. My car generally doesn't get dirty, just dusty. This thing will cut down the amount I wash my car by at least half. I am sooooooo excited! I highly recommend this to anyone who hates dust (ie. All Bullitt owners).

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Sweet :wink:. I have one of those and it is nice. Unfortunatly 227 gets dirty to, so I am still washing it. I did get a California Water Blade though. That works GREAT for pulling the water off the car after a nice wash job.

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
509 Posts
Between the California Duster and Blade......it doesn't get much better. Even got their mini-duster for the dash.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have the duster too and what I notice most is that if you are caught in a downpour or by a sprinkler, the spots are not as bad without all of that dust. If you look closely you can still tell that the car is dirty, but it does let you go for longer without washing it. I went from once a week to once every two weeks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use the California duster every day here in Phoenix. It rarely rains so dust is the only issue. I have not washed my car for about a month now! Actually a couple weeks ago I simply dusted the car very well and then wiped down the entire car using Maguires Quick Detailer Mist and then put on another coat of wax with my orbital buffer. I then cleaned the windows and put on tire dressing. Good as new! In fact, if I never had to drive in the rain I could see never washing the car again. I would take off the wheels and wash them seperately and while off I would clean the wheel wells and apply dressing to them. As for the California Water Blade, I have one too but now what I do if I do wash with water is to use the blade to get most water off then I use my electric leaf blower to blow off all the remaining water so I do not have to wipe the car. I have black and I just cannot get a nice finish if I have to dry it with a rag/shamee/whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLKBLIT on 2002-01-23 11:09 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I gott the two dusters and the blade when I ordered my car cover for 745. The dusters are awsome!!! I had just washed the car before they came in (November) and just been dusting it of since and it looks great. I haven't got a chance to use the blade yet.
Cam

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have a Duster too. But I wonder, does it ever need to be cleaned? Mine's looking really dirty these days. I don't want the dirt trapped on the Duster to become abrasive to the finish of 2759.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The duster is awsome. I am always using it. But I've wonder the same as to how dirty will it get before it will start to scratch the paint. The absorber I'm not a fan of. I bought it and it doesn't dry the car well at all. It always leaves streaks all over the body.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The California Duster is a great product. You can always hand wash the duster should you feel the duster is getting really dirty.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a duster and blade and love them both - Can the Duster be machine washed or does it need to be hand washed?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yep,we have two of those Dusters around the garage,on for me and my son has one. That Water Blade does work well,and cuts down on the towels I used to use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd be lost without my two dusters. The little one for my motorcycle and the regular size one for my GT. They do get dirty after about a year or so. Rather than risk removing that parafin wax that helps attract the dust when it gets dirty, I don't try to wash it, just trash it and buy a new one. Heck, a year or so for $10 is good value. Remember, move the duster lightly over the surface of your car or you might scratch the clear coat by grinding in dust particles. The same goes for drying your baby with a Turkish towel after washing; go gently and you'll never have those dreaded swirl marks you here people talk about.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got mine from ebay. There are a ton of them on there. They shouldn't be hard to find otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
my Calif. Duster stays in the trunk!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Instructions state that the duster needs to be hand washed.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
When one duster gets looking nasty I use it for the areas behind the wheels, and lower body panels then use a newer and cleaner one for the upper body and then do the whole car over again with the cleanest one. Keep rotating, pitching out old one, use new one for upper body and dirtiest for lower areas. Keep both in trunk. In last four months have only washed mine twice! Awsome!!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I used to have the blade, but gave it up. Worked well though. You know the best thing for getting the water out from under the scoop and all the other hard to reach spots? I use an air hose. Works for me. Also works well for cleaning the vents out.

MODS
100mm densecharger
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
FRPP 3.73 gears
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
MGW Bullitt oil cap

debating on Pro 5.0 or steeda tri-ax

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2002-01-23 21:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bought mine in Auto Zone, I've seen them in Target and Walmart too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts