Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all 'lucky' Bullitt owners...

I just registered to post on this bbs for perhaps just a little help from an actual Bullitt owner and/or anyone with contacts with Ford (Bullitt parts) to help me with my challenge.

You see, I'm unfortunately NOT a lucky Bullitt owner (wish I could afford one... :sad: --but I can't), but I actually own a T-Bird w/ a '96 Romeo 4.6L soon to have '01 Romeo PI-heads slapped on, -and I've went out and bought a complete Bullitt intake set-up as it's overall cost was well below the comparable cost of the FRPP SVO alternatives towards my aspirations for a little more 'ummph' in my Lazy-Boy 'Lead-Sled'.

So, can someone please help verify this item for me?

All I need is the factory OEM part number stamped right on the Bullitt's T-Stat housing (water inlet/water neck housing...whatever your way of calling it may be) -as I've been told it's the same, identical p.n. as on the '96-'98 GT v8 Stangs, the T-Birds and Cougees of the same years, and even matches the 2001 GT Stangs p.n. too? ...
But I've seen pictures of it -against the Ford p.n.# F6ZE-8594-DC (or F6ZZ-8592-C -which is the number on the Ford box the water neck housing uses) that my car has -and evidently the GT STang 2v 4'6Ls, and I'm near certain they are "NOT" the same.

The Bullitt's water neck seems to angle more straight-out (with a kinda upward sweep), or even a bit towards the driver's side of the intake manifold, while all these other T-Stat housings are more parallel to the intake's T-Stat housing port and they also turn slight;y towards the alternator (-all when bolted up of course...)

Can anyone take a peek under their hood and confirm the Bullitt's water neck aluminum inlet housing stamped p.n. for me?... It would really help. :grin:

I also "know" that the Bullitt's upper radiator hose has a different bend and angular shape than that of the other 2v 4.6L applications (i.e. T-Birds, older Stangs, -and don't know but think so -even of that as on the '01 Stangs???....), but as this hose obviously has no 'stamped' p.n. right on it, I'd need someone with a Bullitt parts listing (or access to it...) in order to help me out with this upper hose piece.

Believe me, I've tried the Ford Dealerships, but the ones I've have contact with so far...none have much to go on -with some of these Bullitt p.n.#'s still, -as they're so new and all.

But one thing for sure I do know -if a Bullitt owner ever needs these pieces (upper rad. hose and T-Stat housing, etc.) say from a mechanical failure, wreck, or some other reason.... -and they get the parts I'm getting as x-ref numbers, they won't be happer campers, as there's a thing called an 'alternator' in the way! ....

Anyone willing to help a 'non-Bullitt' owner with this 'owner' specific request for p.n.#'s would be a welcome voice. I figured I can always work around this mod. without the correct parts, -but it's so much better to do it the correct way -if possible.

So -that's why I posted here...what better place than to ask the Pro's (those who have keys to actual Bullitts!...)

Thanks in advance for any helpers out there.

DreamCatcher

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well dream i would like to help u out but my Bullitt is in the shop for a window motor! But I am sure someone else could help u here! If not then when i get mine back i will more than gladly take a look for u! And welcome to the Bullitt Club! Thanx Havgun #1676

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
try contacting ricky in wholesale parts at 5 star ford in texas 817-498-8838 and ask specifically for ricky in wholesale parts
tell him mark sent you

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dreamcatcher - Try 1W7E-8594-AA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...

You guys are GREAT! -and the help "IS" appreciated.

RickyBoy-- I haven't yet researched that one p.n., but I will... -that 'could' be it, just have to get a Ford parts man to confim.

texasbullitt-- I just got off the phone w/Ricky from 5-Star. He's gonna try-n check the lot for any Bullitts "and" also call Ford directly -and he said to give him a call back later this afternoon (4:30sh or so). He's only showing a "SOHC" 4.6L p.n. that's the same as I've been gett'n elsewhere, and -then the 8592-BA for "DOHC" 4.6L's which is a mute point here. But he said he will try and find out and confirm the issue for me... He said to say, "Hi!" at ya -Mark. He also gave me the upper radiator '01 Bullitt-GT hose p.n. which means I'm 1/2way home!

It (for anyone that may need it) is:
1R3Z-8260-DA (and Motorcraft x-ref.#KM4664)

Who knows- he may come back with luck for me, or even that 1W7E-8594-AA could just be it.
I'll continue to keep investigating...

And 'Havgunwiltrav' ---Havgun #1676, I hope all works out with the window glass motor replace for you and all. I 'also' appreciate your offers of assistance. Bet your like having withdrawal symptoms -as we speak!

Geeeeeessh!
Wish I could just go and hit a lottery. Then I could buy my own Bullitt and have ALL the p.n.#s LOL

You'all do Steve (McQween) prowd now...
And thanks again-

Later,
DreamCatcher

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a final "Thanks" guys,

RickyBoy -that p.n.# you listed was good. It's actually an engineering # (alot of the part's stamped #'s list those vs. actual Ford p.n.'s). But Ricky @ Five Star in TX (thanks Havgunwiltrav!), was able to x-ref it over for me to the corresponding Ford p.n.

I got what I needed:

Bullitt upper rad hose:
R3Z-8260-DA (Motorcraft x-ref.# KM4664)

Bullitt T-Stat (water neck) inlet housing:
1W7z-8592-AA (Motorcraft x-ref.#RH126)

Just posted the #'s in case anyone might want, or need them.
So -I'm all set -and your'alls help is much appreciated.

You all have a great club here to start-up and carry on the Bullitt's update of a very exciting and nostalgic tradition in street power legends. Keep up the great work!

Later,
DreamCatcher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts