Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a scary knock off the dyno and finding a bad rocker/valve/cam......
It didnt drop the valve but the cam looks worn along with the rocker. So time to decide what I do.
Should I just replace them or go with some upgraded cams on both side? and maybe roller rockers?
And if so which are good ones to look at?
Was also thinking I threw a rod and bearing and was just going to forge the works but should i wait now that ive found this great news?
aaron

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Not sure what all mods you have, but from what I've read on here, if you want to upgrade cams, you'll also want to remove the heads to be ported/polished. Then you'll want long tubes to get the most gain, then of course you'd have to get a new mid pipe. So, it's up to you, but if you don't have any desire to do all of what I listed I would just replace with as close to stock cams as you can. But if you have the funds, I'd go all out and do the cams/heads/headers.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I don't know who else makes aftermarket rocker or cam followers but jesel makes some but they are very pricey and go for about 98 dollars each.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I have BBK headers, BBK offroad h pipe, and magnaflows... JLT CAI too.
My mechanic is telling me to not go to hot because of these aftermarket parts wont read up right without a tune...
So idk yet, but i like the ported and polished heads. How much would that run me?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Then with already having the long tubes I'd say go for it. You will definately want a tune though. Not sure on the cost, it just depends on the shop and going rate of labor. Or you could buy new heads and cams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts