Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cam, from everything that i've been reading the last few months, Ford has indeed decided to produce a limited Crown Vic package with factory engine, suspension, and visual(blackout trim etc.) modifications. i don't save my car magazines when i'm thru with them(Autoweek, Car & Driver, Road & track, & 5.0 & SuperFords) but i feel sure that i've read that more than once
feel free to correct me Bullittheads!
I think they are going to call it the "Marauder". the pics looked pretty awesome. talk about your true "sleeper" vehicle.
think you could talk your commander into a fleet of "Marauders"? -lol

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-20 12:34 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
mystang,
I was talking about a car Kenny Brown did a year or two ago. It was a police interceptor with just a black push bar on the front and about 295 hp from the supercharged engine. You can see it (kinda) at http://www.kennybrown.com/ssfeature.html

Mercury is coming out with the Marauder in 2003 with the 4v engine. Ford also released a street version of the police interceptor this year to the public with all of the options on it as the interceptor has. I've only seen one in person and that was on a car hauler at local hotel.
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks! the Marauder pics look pretty cool! still think it would make a nice cop vehicle!
i should have know the difference between Mercury & Ford(Marauder vs. Crown Vic)
thanks again!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I saw the Marauder at the Carlisle Ford show. They cranked it up,and that's one mean sounding Merc! Supposed to sell for $29,000...Not bad for all you get.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you imagine that wicked looking car with flashing strobes in the bumper and/or a light bar coming up behind you when you were slightly exceeding the speed limit?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Yeah Bob, not to mention it has about 20 more HP too (with the supercharger). They had a write up in MM&FF on the KB Crown Vic and I think with all of the added stuff including supercharger it went for around $50,000. Including the price of the car. Also had serious suspension mods (expected from KB!). All black, limo tinit windows, all black trim and wheels, and a black pushbar on the front. I figure after I get the BULLITT paid off I might see about geting an old interceptor and sending to KB. Maybe an old Ohio State Patrol cruiser. They are this sharp grey color that isn't on stock Vics.
Cam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ford does have one. It's a Crown Vic with Sports Appearance Package. Picked mine up 4 weeks ago. Ordered it in February from Haynes Ford in Hoosick,NY. All black,but I mean all Blacked out with all the Interceptor goodies including the 235HP 4.6 and adding floor shifter,buckets,17" alloy wheels. One sharp car. Will do just fine untill that Marauder comes out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ford does have one. It's a Crown Vic with Sports Appearance Package. Picked mine up 4 weeks ago. Ordered it in February from Haynes Ford in Hoosick,NY. All black,but I mean all Blacked out with all the Interceptor goodies including the 235HP 4.6 and adding floor shifter,buckets,17" alloy wheels. One sharp car. Will do just fine untill that Marauder comes out.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Stallion, you got a pic of the car? Like I said the only one I've seen was siting on top of a car hauler with all that plastic and stuff on it. Thanks!
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's a DAMN nice stable you've got there Stallion!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here I go thinking so please don't call the FD if you smell smoke, but isn't the Marauder supposed to be based on a 1950's body style? Or was that a other concept car?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where there's smoke............
no that was another concept vehicle and it was the '49' merc.
name escapes me at the moment, but someone will remember

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
The concept out this year is the Ford "FortyNiner". It is a sweet car! Marauder is basically a cruiser Grand Marquis with most of the police package underneath.
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the one!!
thanks CAM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts