Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girl at my work just picked up a Camaro SS 35th anniversary model. Guys were giving me a hard time because they thought it would kick my bullitt butt. Yup, yup in the 1/4 and zero to 60 and top end it probably would. Course there is a lot more to driving than just those three things. Quickly read a few reviews on the SS and found it odd it is mainly just a cosmetic package. Wasn't that nice of Chevy to send all their loyal fans off with some new looks. Supposed to only be 3000 made. Here is the kick in the pants, MSRP with the anniversary package is $37,000. WELL,,, Yes I hope it can outperform the Bullitt in some departments, don't think value is one of them though.

·
Registered
568 Posts
A buddy back home who's a born 'n bred Chevy fan was pretty disgusted with the anniversary package because it's only cosmetic. I think that's an awful lot to pay for some token wheels & stripes. Reminds me of all the discussions about the Spring Feature Mustang's. Not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
437 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-17 08:58, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
Girl at my work just picked up a Camaro SS 35th anniversary model. Guys were giving me a hard time because they thought it would kick my bullitt butt. Yup, yup in the 1/4 and zero to 60 and top end it probably would. Course there is a lot more to driving than just those three things. Quickly read a few reviews on the SS and found it odd it is mainly just a cosmetic package. Wasn't that nice of Chevy to send all their loyal fans off with some new looks. Supposed to only be 3000 made. Here is the kick in the pants, MSRP with the anniversary package is $37,000. WELL,,, Yes I hope it can outperform the Bullitt in some departments, don't think value is one of them though.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, it will do all those three things that you mentioned.

The 35th SS is like the Collector's Edition Trans Am WS6, just a cosmetic package. The 35th SS is the same as the SS, except for the detailing; just like the CE WS6. Needless to say, I passed up on both models when I got my WS6 (didn't make sense to pay that much more for a few appearance details). However, the 35th SS looks very good.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Sounds just like the 35th anniversary edition Mustang rip off. Basically all you got for an extra $3,500 was a stripe and different wheels. That's what reviewers are referring to about the Bullitt when they say this time Ford gives you more than a stripe and guarantee of limited edition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts