Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Interesting look. You should be able to get some good shots with that.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Solarized I like a lot. All look great.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It may be called that, I'm just telling you how the process is actually done in the darkroom. That's a pretty mild solarization too. It's really just an emulation of a solarized photograph.

I guess I am the only person left that prefers analog photography. :sad:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I like the analog/film photography. Just moved away from it, as digital is too easy. I'm too lazy and too cheap to fool with the film any longer.

BTW, I just bought a Kodak camera for $110 at Wally-Mart. Takes up to 9MP photos. Out shoots my two year old Nikon CoolPix, a 6MP camera that cost six times as much! Old camera has a 1Gb card that cost $50. New camera has a 4 Gb card for $20. Old camera takes 600 pics and it's full. New camera takes thousands of pics before filling up the card.

Digital is hard to beat. Take as many as you want and keep the ones you like, toss the rest. Cost is virtually nothing.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,849 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I like the analog/film photography. Just moved away from it, as digital is too easy. I'm too lazy and too cheap to fool with the film any longer.

BTW, I just bought a Kodak camera for $110 at Wally-Mart. Takes up to 9MP photos. Out shoots my two year old Nikon CoolPix, a 6MP camera that cost six times as much! Old camera has a 1Gb card that cost $50. New camera has a 4 Gb card for $20. Old camera takes 600 pics and it's full. New camera takes thousands of pics before filling up the card.

Digital is hard to beat. Take as many as you want and keep the ones you like, toss the rest. Cost is virtually nothing.
Right on, Midgeman. It's a brave new world, isn't it? I miss the old film days, though (but then, I'm the guy that still likes pinstiping, right?).... :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I forgot to add that I sold all my film type cameras. F-1 Canon, AF-1 Canon, AE-1 Canon, F-1 Nikon, and a couple of Agfa's, some Korean all manual, and a couple Polaroids...

I also have about 10 thousand slides of Western Europe before the curtain fell dating back to 1961, and Soviet Union's Leningrad (now Petersburg) and Moscow. I bought a scanner intending to scan them all onto disks, but that's really a retirement project. Assuming they have not turned into dust by the time I retire. Two more years and a couple months!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I agree that digital is the answer for every day use point and shoot type stuff, but there is just something about film that can't be duplicated. That must be why I prefer tube amplification, and a wood fired smoker to spend all day cooking meat. Why I have no credit cards and no cell phone. I'm only 34, maybe in 10 years I'll be living with a pack of wolves on Ilse Royle.

·
Banned
978 Posts
Most excellent pics, Charles.

Also, you should start doing video.

It's nutty!

:py1:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I prefer analog pics and music. Both have a smoothness that digital will never have. I still have a Canon 35mm that shot some beutiful pics thru the years. I need to put it in the shop and have it serviced.
Good luck on getting it serviced. There are no parts for the film type cameras if they are over ten years old.:redface: That in part is why I started down the digital road. I still have a Canon FE that is over thirty-five years old. No parts, kinda works....HA! Oh yeah, some other old cameras on the library shelves. I don't even remember who manufactured them they are so old. They even have bellows... :lol:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a Miranda Sensorex, a spare body for parts and lots of different glass for it. I have a darkroom I built in the basement but I never got around to getting the equipment for it. Lots of good deals on Ebay and Craigslist for film type stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.