Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reluctant to change anything in this beautiful car, but the thought has crossed my mind on multiple occasions.

If I were to swap out the cams, headers and heads, would I also have to change out the mid pipes and back exhaust? I know you typically get better flow from a x-pipe, but will the Bullitts modifed H handle the increase in flow from changing the other pieces?

Thanks in advance.

-Rick

·
Registered
156 Posts
Keene - Bell in their literature on supercharging stated that they have seen no gain from exhaust system changes up to 550 rear wheel horsepower vs stock 4.6L 3V systems.
Don't have the link, I saved the file.

I would agree, in my judgement, you would not need to change unless you want a different sound. Remember, the Mustang has true dual cat dual exhaust with large pipes, vs single cat, single muffler, dual ends that my benefit from a change.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm no expert, but you won't HAVE to change the midpipe or catback, but you may WANT to.

I'd say go for a higher-flow H-pipe and keep the stock catback. Just my .02.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RCSignals said:
I think our exhaust systems will be just fine, and sound even better.
That's actually why I was asking... I really don't want to change my exhaust at all, but I DO want the additional performance increases (staying N/A) and wasn't sure if it required an exhaust overhaul to do them. That said- I'm probably 5 years from doing any of this, but I'm a dreamer :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Yes
I am with you on that thought. I would love the rumble of the cams and headers and the power gain of the heads!

·
Registered
423 Posts
when you get long tube headers the x or h pipe you have in your car will be too long so you will have to either fab it or buy another one. id go with the high flow cats by bbk or slp or something like that. then the cat back should just fit right up. you are gonna have some good sound with that setup. that is exactly what i wanna do too. post some sound clips when you get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts