Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need the Left front mudflap section. It is the last piece I need to get to restore DHG1784. Any color will do as the car is going to be painted.

I missed out on a replacement set by 2 days at a salvage yard, and cant find another anywhere. :cry: :mad: :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
3RDSTANG said:
I really need the Left front mudflap section. It is the last piece I need to get to restore DHG1784. Any color will do as the car is going to be painted.

I missed out on a replacement set by 2 days at a salvage yard, and cant find another anywhere. :cry: :mad: :cry:
Question ???

Did the Salvage Yard you went to do a (Search) on Their Computer ???

Here the really Big Salvage/Junk Yards will do a Search and when part is Located simply have it sent to them for Their Customer.

I suggest giving that a Try .............

As I think You will find that part is going to be at some Salvage/Junk Yard in the USA.

Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Question ???

Did the Salvage Yard you went to do a (Search) on Their Computer ???

Here the really Big Salvage/Junk Yards will do a Search and when part is Located simply have it sent to them for Their Customer.

I suggest giving that a Try .............

As I think You will find that part is going to be at some Salvage/Junk Yard in the USA.

Terry
The salvage yard I was originally working with was just a mustang specific salvage yard. I have not tried the "big salvage yard" route simply because if I tell them to look for a rocker molding I anticipate them finding a regular Mustang GT molding, which as we know just wont work.

I am sure that this part is likely available SOMEWHERE or from SOMEONE.

The other mustang yards I have spoken with, say they get a salvage Bullitt every so often, but nothing is set in stone as far as time frame, or if the part needed off the donor car is in a useable condition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
3RDSTANG said:
The salvage yard I was originally working with was just a mustang specific salvage yard. I have not tried the "big salvage yard" route simply because if I tell them to look for a rocker molding I anticipate them finding a regular Mustang GT molding, which as we know just wont work.

I am sure that this part is likely available SOMEWHERE or from SOMEONE.

The other mustang yards I have spoken with, say they get a salvage Bullitt every so often, but nothing is set in stone as far as time frame, or if the part needed off the donor car is in a usable condition.
OK,

Help Me some here so maybe I can Help You .........

How about a Pic. of Exactly what you Need ???

Part # ???

And a 2001 car is NOT so Old that you cannot simply order this Part from Ford Dealer ???

Keep in Mind I own a 2008 Bullitt.

So I am Not Familiar with the 2001.

The only one I have seen Is-Collin's in Cinn. Oh. and when we did the Burn-Our Video here on IMBOC.

The Salvage/Junk Yards I was at had Computers and Showed Pics of what one would be getting.

I really cannot believe that this part is just NOT anywhere for sell.

The Trick is to Locate it.........

Say, your Profile does Not have your 1st Name or Age ???

Am I being to Forward to ask ????

Terry Honaker aka "tigerhonaker"
 

·
Car Whisperer
Joined
·
21,377 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tigerhonaker said:
OK,

Help Me some here so maybe I can Help You .........

How about a Pic. of Exactly what you Need ???

Part # ???

And a 2001 car is NOT so Old that you cannot simply order this Part from Ford Dealer ???

Keep in Mind I own a 2008 Bullitt.

So I am Not Familiar with the 2001.

The only one I have seen Is-Collin's in Cinn. Oh. and when we did the Burn-Our Video here on IMBOC.

The Salvage/Junk Yards I was at had Computers and Showed Pics of what one would be getting.

I really cannot believe that this part is just NOT anywhere for sell.

The Trick is to Locate it.........

Say, your Profile does Not have your 1st Name or Age ???

Am I being to Forward to ask ????

Terry Honaker aka "tigerhonaker"
Ok the factory ford part # is 1R3Z6310159AAN, I have been told by very reliable sources who have also searched the parts locator database that this part is now obsolete from Ford and hence no longer available.

I have no picture available, but I am sure someone here might, but here is a description of the part in question. Small section of rocker molding immediatley behind the left front wheel, it is a molded piece resembling a "mudflap" and is unique to the 2001 Bullitt cars.

As far as who I am, Collin, Vicki, Karl, Mike and some other folks could probably give you more info than you care to know. I have been here since since Aug 2002. At this point I would probably considered "Bullitthead Emeritus" :D

But the long and short of it is my name is Chris and am 36 years old. I am the former owner of 2001 DHG1562, and current owner of 2001 DHG1784 and 2008 HG5029.
and I am located in a secret underground lair south of Denver CO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Finally some one with the same problem.. well kinda!
my problem is the mudflap on the passenger side has had it bottom (flap part) broken off
im not sure how it could have happened but it came that way when i bought it and the seller never mentioned it
so i need to know if the mud flip is a separate part or is the whole side skirt all one piece?
so does annnnnyone know where I might be able to find one?
also along the side skirt and the bottom of the door is some kind of tar?
it looks like someone drove through some black stuff of some kind
it picks off for the most part but i think it will need a good buff or something to get it all out
mabey you guys can throw me some ideas?
here's a bunch of pictures to help
o and yes i know shes dirty under there. just waiting for another warm day so she can get a full bath
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
3RDSTANG said:
Ok the factory ford part # is 1R3Z6310159AAN, I have been told by very reliable sources who have also searched the parts locator database that this part is now obsolete from Ford and hence no longer available.

I have no picture available, but I am sure someone here might, but here is a description of the part in question. Small section of rocker molding immediatley behind the left front wheel, it is a molded piece resembling a "mudflap" and is unique to the 2001 Bullitt cars.

As far as who I am, Collin, Vicki, Karl, Mike and some other folks could probably give you more info than you care to know. I have been here since since Aug 2002. At this point I would probably considered "Bullitthead Emeritus" :D

But the long and short of it is my name is Chris and am 36 years old. I am the former owner of 2001 DHG1562, and current owner of 2001 DHG1784 and 2008 HG5029.
and I am located in a secret underground lair south of Denver CO.
Chris,

I have been trying to assist you in finding this part for many hours now and truthfully
have had No-Luck at All.

The Salvage Yards I have called don't even have a Clue what a 2001 Bullitt Mustang is.

So Further discussion with them regarding this Front Lower Molding is just "Impossible".

I did call my dealer and spoke with a fellow in the Parts Dept. and he did go to and put the
Part Number in His National Locator and it Shows No-Dealer has this in their Stock.

I did this as even though the Part is Discontinued still there can be parts Left on a Shelf at a Dealer.

In this case there were None Showing anywhere.

I'm usually pretty Darn good at finding things but this has Kicked My But so Far........

You may not know this but I worked at dealers for the past 13-Yrs. so I really thought I could Help You.

Terry

The one thing that does come to me is this.........

Has any Member here on IMBOC Wrecked their 2001 Bullitt where they were Not going to have it Repaired ????????

That is where You would certainly find that Molding........
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also tried this:
This is the Response I Received:


Hello Terry Honaker,
Your parts request was sent to numerous salvage yards. If one or more of
these salvage yards can help you, you will be contacted by them via email
with further information regarding your request.

This is not an actual response to the part(s) you have requested! PLEASE,
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. IT IS JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE HAVE
RECEIVED YOUR REQUEST AND FORWARDED IT TO OUR DEALERS!

Once a request has been submitted it cannot be delete or retracted since
it is sent to the dealers via email.

Requests are generally answered rapidly if they are posted during dealers
normal business hours. If you do not receive a response within a day or
two, please try your request again at a later date, Dealer inventories are
constantly changing.

Please review your request below. If any of the information submitted was
in error, please return to our on-line form and resubmit your request at,
http://www.uneedapart.com/used-auto-parts-request.php

Your request for the following has been sent:

2001 - Ford - Mustang GT Bullitt - 113 - Tennessee

PART NAME: "Fender Molding"
PART NUMBER: "113"
PART DESCRIPTION: "NONE"

ENGINE SIZE: "NONE"
CYLINDERS: "8 Cyl (Gas, FI)"
DRIVE TRAIN: "2 Wheel Drive"
TRANSMISSION: "5 Speed Manual"
BODY TYPE: "2dr Coupe"

ADDITIONAL INFO: Drivers lower fender molding

REQUEST REFERENCE #: 1800780

NAME: Terry Honaker
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: 615-7906151
LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee 37064

Note: We advise our requesters when dealing with any member of our service
to get and save any contact information, names, emails, etc. from them just
in case you need them for future dealings or any problems you may incur.

Thank you,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,250 Posts
I guess this is where we need to have someone pull a set off a car, make a mold, and make them in small quantities in the garage :D

I've never done it, but would be interested in trying it.
I would like to make a backup set, and also want to make a set with the mudflap an inch shorter so I can lower #1986
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Well this is some thing I never thought about. Having a late model car and already having obsolete parts. How close a match are the 03-04 cobra skirts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
For the cobra skirts you have to get all four pieces. They will not look righ/line up right if you just replace the caps. I need a passangers side one. I am going to try to order one from latemodelrestoration.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
I just put a order in and it took, but I have not recieved a invoice or tracking number yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I broke my r/p mudflap thing lol i ended up re fiberglassing it because when i went to a body shop to see what a new one cost it was-- i wanna say 160 bucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
My order did go through they had to order it from a dealer, but it is going to be filled. I think it was 150.00 after including a huge shipping charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blmarlow said:
My order did go through they had to order it from a dealer, but it is going to be filled. I think it was 150.00 after including a huge shipping charge.
I wanna see this when you get it. I was told that NO DEALER had this part anywhere in inventory.

Considering late model resto, doesn't show this part on the website anywhere, I hope that they dont send you the regular Mustang GT part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
3RDSTANG said:
I wanna see this when you get it. I was told that NO DEALER had this part anywhere in inventory.

Considering late model resto, doesn't show this part on the website anywhere, I hope that they dont send you the regular Mustang GT part.
That is Exactly what my Ford Dealer told me His Computer said.

Discountinued and None on Shelves left over.

Terry
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top