Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking of trading in my '08 Ranger on a Bullitt. I spent three hours at the dealer today and am close to a deal. I'm going to take a bit of a beating on the Ranger but the current incentives on the Mustang GT (and Bullitt), more or less make up for it. I would prefer a car without Navigation but the dealer cannot find one for me (in BC). There just aren't that many 08 Mustangs around period.

I remember test driving a GT with Nav last year and the screen glowed at night which bugged me. Can it be totally dimmed or turned off completely? Thanks.

PS Is the Bullitt not going to be offered for 09 in Canada? I don't see it as an option on the Ford Canada website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,690 Posts
saw a used 08 bullitt at coastal ford in burnaby today $34,000..I know the sales guy there...


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
No you can not shut that irritatingly bright screen off. If they would have simply provided a simple OFF/ON switch, I may have been able to put up with it. But since not, NO THANKS...

VicMark said:
Hi all,

I'm thinking of trading in my '08 Ranger on a Bullitt. I spent three hours at the dealer today and am close to a deal. I'm going to take a bit of a beating on the Ranger but the current incentives on the Mustang GT (and Bullitt), more or less make up for it. I would prefer a car without Navigation but the dealer cannot find one for me (in BC). There just aren't that many 08 Mustangs around period.

I remember test driving a GT with Nav last year and the screen glowed at night which bugged me. Can it be totally dimmed or turned off completely? Thanks.

PS Is the Bullitt not going to be offered for 09 in Canada? I don't see it as an option on the Ford Canada website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
It was probably designed by the same idiot that made the cruise control light so that it doesn't dim with the rest of the dash lights. It just sits there and burns a hole in your retina while you drive at night. The good news is that you can just wad any old piece of whatever into that binnacle to block the light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Hi, I saw an add from Ocean Park ford for an '08 Bullitt for $28,990. Brand new. The ad was in the province newspaper on friday I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
The ad was in todays Province again. Page C18 $28,995. Ocean Park Ford.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,443 Posts
Hammer.

That'll shut it off, no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
For $2000???

For $2000 Ford could have built a switch in... :frown: :frown:

wabirch said:
I would guess you could install a simple toggle switch on the incoming power line and tuck it under the dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
There was a question about shutting off the NAV, and this was one of the responses:
Black GT500 said:
No you can not shut that irritatingly bright screen off. If they would have simply provided a simple OFF/ON switch, I may have been able to put up with it. But since not, NO THANKS...
There is a setting to turn the entire display off; I think it is under "MENU".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
It can be shut off or dimmed if you like
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Please post the corresponding information about shutting off this screen from the ford owners manual or some other source. I have been told by two different long time relatively competent Ford salesmen that the SCREEN can not be shut off. I based a small part of my option buying decisions on this information about the always on display. If that is not the case it really would be nice to know for sure.

rocky said:
It can be shut off or dimmed if you like
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
:arrow: Press MENU the Menu screen will display, Press DISPLAY you may then select DISPLAY OFF this will turn off the entire screen. Press the screen or any hard button to turn the display on again. Page 31 in the Navigation System Manual. I have never tried it, the screen has never bothered Me. I will try it tomorrow and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
rocky said:
:arrow: Press MENU the Menu screen will display, Press DISPLAY you may then select DISPLAY OFF this will turn off the entire screen. Press the screen or any hard button to turn the display on again. Page 31 in the Navigation System Manual. I have never tried it, the screen has never bothered Me. I will try it tomorrow and let you know.
This works, I tried it this morning. Screen doesn't bother me either so I leave it on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
:goodvibe: I agree with darcy, tried it and my screen went black. I say anyone solved by the bullitt busters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
That is good to hear, I guess Ford isn't quite a stupid as they seemed, on that note, 2010 Mustangs will finally get AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL!!! It's about damn time!

If it is possible to retrofit the new 2010 automatic temperature control onto my 2008's that will be my first modification for both.

:smile:


rocky said:
:goodvibe: I agree with darcy, tried it and my screen went black. I say anyone solved by the bullitt busters.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top