Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out of work and upon putting on my seatbelt I noticed that it was wet. Water is somehow getting into my drivers side door panel. After inspecting the drivers side and passengers side weatherstripping, I realized the two were not installed the same (since the passenger side is dry, I'm assuming this could be the culprit). Since I don't own another Mustang, could someone possibly take a look at their car and tell me if the pics now look correct? I swapped the drivers side to look exactly like the passenger side assuming it was correct. It appears that the piece of metal that is on the front edge of the quarter window (and forms a vertical seal at the back edge of the passenger window) should be above all other weatherstripping at the doorjam. Is this correct?

http://plaza.ufl.edu/bpearson

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
its prolly the 1/4 glass or c-pillar trim causing the leak...mine does it occasionally im just too lazy to tear the car apart. ive done 3-4 mustangs that had the same leak and it was the c-pillar trim on the exterior

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After flipping over the weatherstripping to what appears to be correct, I soaked the window with a hose for a few minutes and could not get the car to leak again. It's suppose to rain again soon so hopefully I'll get a chance to see if I fixed it. You would think that finding another mustang coupe would be easy, but after searching a few parking lots I gave up. I really need to see another mustang coupe window channel to see if mine was installed correctly from the factory (b/c I'm pretty sure the driver's side was not). I'm not quite sure how that C-pillar weatherstripping on the outside works. I pulled it back a bit and took a look in and it appears that the channel below the window has limited capacity to allow the water to flow down and out the bottom of the quarter. I'm thinking that if too much too fast comes in it could overflow and leak somewhat into the interior.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the picture Henry! It's like I thought, Ford must have not been paying attention when my Bullitt came down the assembly line because part of my weatherstripping by my quarter window was not installed correctly on the driver's side. I had to pull a piece back and tuck it under another piece to keep a gap from funnelling water into my car. Again, thank you! I still haven't found another mustang coupe to look at but this picture is perfect in letting me know mine is now correct! :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts