Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt has different GT badges on the fenders as all other Bullitts that I have seen. I was wondering if it is because someone put them on or if they came with those for some reason. They are red emblems with the G stacked on top of the T. Just think it is odd that they would be on my Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Those are aftermarket emblems that are available. Obviously the previous owner of your Bullitt changed out the stock ones.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes, they are different badges tan te orginals. Someone who had it before you put them on there. If you want the orginals, I'll trade with you. I'll be home from Iraq in a few days. Just let me know.

Chad

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
bullitthawk said:
My Bullitt has different GT badges on the fenders as all other Bullitts that I have seen. I was wondering if it is because someone put them on or if they came with those for some reason. They are red emblems with the G stacked on top of the T. Just think it is odd that they would be on my Bullitt.
what's so odd?

another vote of someone swapping badges :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
I say No Badge!!
We Don't Need No Stink'en Badges!!!
Clean, Smooooth, Let the pollished rolled tip exhaust pipes tell everyone what you are driving!!! That is all they should be seeing and hearing anyway!
Ricers need badges that say "GT" and "Type R" and junk like that.
Lower left corner of the deck lid, SAYS IT ALL!!!
"""BULLITT"""

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are right, they should have no badges or say bullitt there instead. I will swap them back though cause it keeps it original. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
1968medic said:
I say No Badge!!
We Don't Need No Stink'en Badges!!!
Clean, Smooooth, Let the pollished rolled tip exhaust pipes tell everyone what you are driving!!! That is all they should be seeing and hearing anyway!
Ricers need badges that say "GT" and "Type R" and junk like that.
Lower left corner of the deck lid, SAYS IT ALL!!!
"""BULLITT"""
agreed
but there is 2 damn holes there from Ford damnit!
been nice if Ford wouldn't have put them there :)

I plan to have those holes welded up if I ever do a repaint or god forbid need some bodywork

·
Registered
771 Posts
I slid my GTs.. Stuck "Powered By Ford" badges on the fenders. They are the same ones used on the 289 Shelby Cobras from the early 60s......

As for Rice... I don't stick around long enough for rice to ask questions.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I pulled my fender badges and sanded them down, gave em a base coat then a couple coats of black and a couple coats of clear coat and voila, blacked out GT symbols. I wanted to do the no emblems thing too but decided that i didnt have enough money to have the holes filled and the whole fender repainted.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Badges

Sounds like the ones I have.Mine are 71 Torino hubcap emblems.If they are,someone spent some time making them fit.They are curved to fit hubcaps and are cast metal,you have to flatten them out to fit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hate to pick up an old thread, but does anyone know where to get the stacked Torino GT emblems online? My B is going in the body shop next week and I'd like to change mine out for stacked versions and then have the body shop spray them black.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I also hate to hijack this thread but the the GT emblems on the side just peel off? Are they put on there with plastic studs or just double sided tape? I would like to take them off. Go for the smoth look.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
chris1984 said:
I also hate to hijack this thread but the the GT emblems on the side just peel off? Are they put on there with plastic studs or just double sided tape? I would like to take them off. Go for the smoth look.
2 alignment holes but they come right off... double sided tape yes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts