Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no idea that you Canadians were that rough of a crowd!!!

Scientists have found a new threat to the planet: Canadian beer drinkers.
The government-commissioned study says the old, inefficient "beer fridges" that one in three Canadian households use to store their Molson and Labatt's contribute significantly to global warming by guzzling gas- and coal-fired electricity.
"People need to understand the impact of their lifestyles," British environmental consultant Joanna Yarrow tells New Scientist magazine. "Clearly the environmental implications of having a frivolous luxury like a beer fridge are not hitting home. This research helps inform people — let's hope it has an effect."
The problem is that the beer fridges are mostly decades-old machines that began their second careers as beverage dispensers when Canadians upgraded to more energy-efficient models to store whatever Canadians eat besides doughnuts and poutine.
University of Alberta researcher Denise Young, who led the study, suggests that provincial authorities hold beer-fridge buy-backs or round-ups to eliminate the threat — methods that Americans use to get guns off the streets.

http://environment.newscientist.com/article/dn12975-beer-fridges-present-a-gassy-problem.html

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
my beer fridge polutes with slemans and Moose drool inside....

·
3,389 Posts
Mmmmmmmmm Moose drool!
That's been my choice of beverage now for the last year. Still donuts and poutine as a snack though!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm insulted by this....."whatever Canadians eat besides doughnuts and poutine." :frown:
Is that what they assume!!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Research was done in ALTA. What else is there to do there anyway?
Pump oil out of the sand and pipe it to the U.S. for BIG money!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Anybody else sick and tired of all the hand-wringing, doom-and-gloom, nanny-state pessimists telling us that everything we do is killing us or destroying the planet? There is a whole new industry devoted solely to the "science" of doom and gloom.

Geez, you would think that no one ever died or got old until the last decade or so. Let the people enjoy some prosperity. Not everyone wants to live in a lean-to in the forest and live off of roots and berries.

Makes me want to turn on all the lights in the house, crank up the thermostat to about 88, fire up every internal combustion engine I own, go lick some lead paint, and roll around in some asbestos.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
geez, if that's the case(GLO-bal warm-ING) how am I suppose to enjoy my Bullitt in twenty years??????

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
DHG 3840 said:
geez, if that's the case(GLO-bal warm-ING) how am I suppose to enjoy my Bullitt in twenty years??????
Convert it to bio-fuel. :lol:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
So in the end Paul, Terry, and Wayne are single-handedly responsible for the quickly-approaching end of the world?

Sounds about right!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5111 said:
So in the end Paul, Terry, and Wayne are single-handedly responsible for the quickly-approaching end of the world?

Sounds about right!
That is what they are saying. And here Al Gore was blaming fat lazy Americans and it turns out to be fat lazy drunk Canadians will be the cause of our untimely end.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I always thought Canada was the Evil Empire.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
5111 said:

Sounds about right!
You're welcome

mustangwi said:
That is what they are saying. And here Al Gore was blaming fat lazy Americans and it turns out to be fat lazy drunk Canadians will be the cause of our untimely end.
I'm not fat

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I am not fat either

1 - 20 of 34 Posts