Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a deal for all you American Bullittheads if ever your in Canada.Visit any bar or club in the Great White North, pass the bartender a $20 dollar U.S. bill and in return he will give you, a $20 dollar Canadian bill and 2 Canadian beers, not bad eh!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ever notice how we in Canada refer to the word "beer" in both singular and plural?

Canadians say ...."We are going for some beer" while the Americans say "We are going for some beers." Everybody knows that Canadian beer is better anyway (had to say that..... so let the flaming begin).

·
Registered
878 Posts
I figure after the first beer they all taste the same. I love the price of beer in the US and my brand is Coors Light.

But I'm still a proud Canadian-To our Hockey Team in Salt Lake-kick ass and come home with the gold medal!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
as long as the beer is Sam adams... i'll go! :grin:
--WH

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-20 00:21, llama_boy wrote:
One of the best beers I have tasted this side of Belgium is Three Pistols (in french). It comes from Canada, not sure where...
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Trois Pistoles was launched in June of 1997. It contains 9% alcohol and is brewed with roasted malt. Its rich, smooth texture, and the presence of yeast used for in-bottle refermentation give it a very distinctive flavour.

This dark beer and has an aroma of ripe fruit and a pleasant aftertaste that lingers like old port wine.

Trois Pistoles can be enjoyed before a meal or after, and is excellent with pasta as well as game meat and wild fowl.

It also enhances the flavour of desserts like chocolate mousse and fruit salad, and can even replace coffee as an after dinner drink.

http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-20 00:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
given the choice between coors, buttwiper, miller, or any other rice beer I whould pick sober. :smile: and that is a tough thing for me :smile:

for you smokers; american rice lager is the GPC of the cigarette world.

for you car lovers american rice lager is the honda civic lx of the car world.

for you cigar lovers they are the swisher sweets.

for you wine lovers they are the mad dog 20/20.

American rice beer was brewed for the WOMEN that stayed behind in WWII while the MEN were off fighting.

okay, that should p*ss off enough red necks.. be gentle, you got a real perty mouth

:-B hehehe

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-21 23:56, llama_boy wrote:
oh $hit just noticed Nasty with a pro-miller post.. please don't kick me, I love ricer beer too!! :-B

And this is how I get paid back by posting your Trois Pistoles info. :roll:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,948 Posts

American rice beer was brewed for the WOMEN that stayed behind in WWII while the MEN were off fighting.

And another bit of WWII & women trivia...
Long neck bottles were first introduced during WWII...
anyone have any conjectures?????

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
On 2002-01-21 23:55, llama_boy wrote:
American rice beer was brewed for the WOMEN that stayed behind in WWII while the MEN were off fighting. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
While my Dad was fighting in Guadacanal and Iwo Jima with the Marines, my mom was building B-24 bombers. :wink:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
[/quote]
While my Dad was fighting in Guadacanal and Iwo Jima with the Marines, my mom was building B-24 bombers. :wink:
[/quote]

Ohhh B-24s.. I like!

Exactly, women were entering the work force and the war effort took all the good grain (barley). So they killed to birds with one stone; made a weak beer that appealed to the new work force (women) and used rice to create alcohol without any additional flavors. The war lasted long enough that the machinery and processes had been optimized for rice beer, so they just left it. Besides rice is cheaper than barley and without the barley flavor less hops are required for bittering therefore even cheaper!

Thats why I say mainstream american lager is the Honda Civic LX of the beer world.

Budweiser = Made with rice
Honda = Ricer

Bud = made cheap for the masses
Honda = made cheap for the masses

Bud = Most popular beer b/c consumer doesn't know better
Honda = Most popular car b/c consumer doesn't know better

Bud = gets you from sober to drunk cheap
Honda = gets you from point a to b cheap

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
One thing is very sure, I'll never, never, never drink a damn Budweiser.!!!!

I hauled a few loads of Bud back in the 80s and it didn't matter if I loaded at Van Nuys, Ca., Greeley, Colo. or St. Louis, Mo., they were all total pricks!!!

Never have I hauled freight where they treat you like pond scum as Anheuser-Busch treats outside carriers. I have a million complaints and I vote my displeasure by buying anything but Budweiser!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts